are stock sc valve springs dual valve springs?

fordemt

About to finally finish this hg swap and went to change valve seals. The springs are dual. Is this stock?

Dag nabit....

I just put up 3 sets of heads this morning into my parts collection....

I'm sticking to dual springs.....:p

A damper does not constitute a dual spring. Dual springs have 2 real live springs in them, and some have 2 real spring + a damper in between. You can't run dual springs on a stock SC head without modification because the spring seats are not wide enough to accept 2 springs.

Stock springs have about 80psi seat pressure. A decent aftermarket single spring will have about 120psi seat pressure. A dual spring worth it's weight will have about 150psi seat pressure.

A damper does not constitute a dual spring. Dual springs have 2 real live springs in them, and some have 2 real spring + a damper in between. You can't run dual springs on a stock SC head without modification because the spring seats are not wide enough to accept 2 springs.

Stock springs have about 80psi seat pressure. A decent aftermarket single spring will have about 120psi seat pressure. A dual spring worth it's weight will have about 150psi seat pressure.

What's the seat pressure on the the beehive?

There are several different beehive springs, and seat pressure depends on how they are installed. The ones I recommended for you will have 135-140 but beehive springs don't require as much seat pressure due to reduced reciprocating mass.

Back