95 sc cluster mileage....

sancho20

I have a 95 supercoupe that i want to replace the cluter on because it somebody put a cluster in out of a 91'.When i replace the cluster does the computer have the mileage stored or will it show the mileage of the new cluster.I was just wondering because my car only has 71,000 miles and the cluster i have shows 155,000. Thanks in advance.

have whole cluster of 95 sc

I have a 95 supercoupe that i want to replace the cluter on because it somebody put a cluster in out of a 91'.When i replace the cluster does the computer have the mileage stored or will it show the mileage of the new cluster.I was just wondering because my car only has 71,000 miles and the cluster i have shows 155,000. Thanks in advance.
the computer does not keep that info .... the speedo it's self only
pm if interested have one with 95,xxx miles other with 109,xxx

You have to manually set the mileage. Just need to slide the pin out that holds the odometer numbered gears set them to the mileage you need as you slide the pin back in each gear.

why would i need a new cluster with 95xxx,or 109xxx if i already have one,neither of those match the mileage of my car..Is it hard to manually set the mileage? Is there any write ups on doing it on here? i searched but came up with nothing

ok

why would i need a new cluster with 95xxx,or 109xxx if i already have one,neither of those match the mileage of my car..Is it hard to manually set the mileage? Is there any write ups on doing it on here? i searched but came up with nothing

do you still have the 95 sc cluster??? and you said that you have one from a 91 and those are 120 mph right.... but maybe i didn't read well....

Yes the one thats in my car is from a 91,but the one i have is a 95 but the mileage on it is 155,000 and my car only has 71,000 so i guess im going to have to change the one i have to 71000 before i put it in my car,I was just asking before i put it in because some cars store the mileage in the computer..

Just wondering if the previous owner had installed a 1991 cluster and it shows 71,000 on it how do you know that is the correct mileage to your car?

Just out of curiosity, what cars did the 145MPH speedo come in? Was it the 94-95? I might have an older one myself. :confused:

yea 94 and 95 ,i guess maybe the one that was in the car i have broke and the previous owner just replaced it with a older cluster..

Back