code 41, 91 lean

Steve I was looking in my code book for my code reader just like Paul has and others now under code 41 there are two one for (key on engine running) the other one is (continuous memory)
not sure what one you have
I will bring my code reader and book to hooters so if you want to try it agan or look at the code book. Steve if you want I will come at 7:30?
see you there

60# injectors maybe? J/K. :p

What you need, Steve, is a properly working tuner in the car so we can dyno with your Fred file, then make furth asses the possible causes of your lean condition. Who knows, maybe Jeffs wideband A/F machine just plain screwed up during your run, he was having problems that night with his equipment.

I'd hate to see those injectors being no good, but I doubt it.

Replace the hampsters... they're probably pooped out by now! :D :D :D

Seriously though, you were running lean @ WOT so it's not surprising to me you're lean at part throttle too. With your mods you really need that tuner.

I can't remember if you installed an adjustable fuel pressure regulator or not, but if you did you might try bumping it up a few pounds. What MAF/intake system do you have?

Paul,

I agree that he really needs the tuner, however, I don't think he needs an AFPR.

Steve has the 76mm C&L MAF with MP 85mm TB and intake tube. The same set-up that both Greg and I run without a problem with the exact same mods, and a stock FPR. I tested FP on my car, Greg's and Steve's in the same night, and they were all identical.

Fred has assured us that a stock FPR will support up to 450hp, and is in fact very reliable and adequate.

I cleaned the filaments on the maf sensor in case there was residue on it from the cone filter oil flowing through.

If the car thought it was not getting enough air from the maf, would the car run lean? My guess is yes.

If the sampling tube was mislabled, the sensor defective, or the wires connecting to the pcm harness were defective, would this cause the condition I am experiencing?

How do you check if the maf is functioning correctly? Borrow a maf and code reader? Can anyone help here?

Steve,

Cleaning the MAF is a good start. The oil from the filter, especially a new one, escapes easily into the intake stream, and can give you bad MAF readings.

I just sprayed mine with some electronics cleaner, which Sean has recommended, bceause it cleans yet leaves no residue.

If your MAF sensor itself was malfunctioning, the car would be spitting codes all over the place I would think.

Steve,

Are we sure that we installed the 42lb sampling tube in your C&L??? I'm thinkin' we made sure, but it might be worth checking just the same.

I'm with Bill in suspecting the O2 sensors may be part of the problem. I'm getting him to pick me up a spare pair today so that I can see if that clears up my problems.

It sounds like you're getting closer to having your issues resolved. The fuel pump running when the key is out of the car was pretty funny for me!!! I'm glad you got that sorted out.

Are you going to the meet this evening??? I'm planning to be there.

Cheers,

Sean

We can double check on the sampling tube tonight to be sure, but I remember us checking that during the installation.

Like I said on TBSCEC, 89-90, 92-93 and 94-95 SCs all used different O2 part #s, so it is possible (provided they fit the harness) that they could have put in the wrong ones. PITA to find out, but what can you do?

Keep in mind Steve has still not dynoed the car without the tuner, so it may be running better without it (for now).

I think his fuel system is fine, so we need to look elsewhere, like vacuum leaks etc.

Back