Glenns Perf, Steel fuel tank with internal sump

BLOWN38

SCCoA Member
I was looking around for a fuel level sender for a fuel cell and came across this company. I emailed them and the owner Glenn called me back. Said he can get new steel fuel tanks and install an internal baffled sump and using the factory fuel level sender.

So if anyone is looking for a stealth sumped tank that you could use your choose of fuel pump I recommend giving Glenn a call. glenns performance

Kinda like this
street_sleeper_fuel_tank_2.gif

If that picture for the 93 is accurate, it won't work. Thus I think it is inaccurate, though oddly, they don't have one for a 97 mark VIII, which should be nearly the same, though in 93 they were plastic and 97 they were steel.

I contacted Glenns moons ago and they said they could make something up. If somebody else wants to take the torch and run with it go for it.

Mike would you be willing to give these dudes a call? I consider you the expert on this subject.

I was thinking to ask him if he could cut the tank in half and close it up so I wouldn't have to drop the tank to do trans mods or pull the driveshaft. Would help balance the car also when just the driver is in it.

And also not have to install a fuel cell.

I'll try and give a call tomorrow and see what is up. to be honest, I feel that if someone is going to mod a fuel tank for us, they're gonna need a car to test fit and fabricate off of. The space isn't all that great, and the angle of things and exact position can have a big impact on success. Thus maybe a local guy to Glenns would need to get involved.

I just spoke to glen for about 7 minutes. Here is what I learned:
  1. They working with an existing SC vendor on a tank combination. (I think Super coupe performance, but he didn't have the name off the top of his head).
  2. They are talking to Spectra to try and nail down the best replacement for our plastic tank. He mentioned a Mark VIII or perhaps Marauder tank might work.
  3. They believe the best solution will be their customized fuel hat, with fuel tank sump and proper fittings (-10 suction line) and externally mounted single or twin pumps.
  4. They want to maintain the stock fuel level sender.
  5. They are a Walbro dealer
  6. They expect to have some ideas nailed down and perhaps a prototype to the SC vendor for test fitting in a few weeks. They are actively working on this project as they recognize a current window for demand in this application.

So it sounds like one way or another, there is every intention to have an upgraded fuel system (including tank with sump) available for our car sometime in the next couple months. What it will cost? Yet to be determined, my guess, just enough so that you wish it was less.

i have a marauder tank on the floor now i can get dimensions from if need be. it may fit up in the birds hole. would have to do something about the driveshaft notch tho.

Eh marauder tank would prolly take to much to make fit. Fuel fill is on the wrong side, no notch for driveshaft and no notch for exhaust.

Sounds promising, the sump with a drain plug would be nice, I do not want to add a fuel cell. Wonder if they would make an optional fuel hat with AN threaded fittings already on it.

Talked with Glen again today. Apparently there are very, very busy with other projects though he says he is very interested in working on these things. For now I think I will source myself a Mark VIII tank, drop my tank and start figuring out what I need to do before spring gets here.

I'll share any info I come up with as I work on this which should save Glen some research time at a minimum.

Back