vac gauge project

slowpoke

i intend to set up a vac gauge between the tb and air filter. primary purpose is to monitor when the filter requires cleaning, secondary purpose is to look cool. does anyone know what the average vac is pre-blower and tb. i would check check but im half a country away from my test gauges and i want to make sure i dont get a gauge thats to small.

i intend to set up a vac gauge between the tb and air filter. primary purpose is to monitor when the filter requires cleaning, secondary purpose is to look cool. does anyone know what the average vac is pre-blower and tb. i would check check but im half a country away from my test gauges and i want to make sure i dont get a gauge thats to small.

Max vacuum will be something like 30 inches.

I mean, that's at sea level. Might want to go up a bit in case you go way below sea level and have max vacuum on the machine.

Past that, it depends on how efficient the car is :D

RwP

Your not going to see a difference on a guage to tell if the filter should get a cleaning or not. By the time the guage would show a difference that filter would be badly plugged and the car won't run right anyway.

Ideally it would match what you see on the boost gauge at idle and part throttle, and ideally should go to 0 at WOT if everything is matched up right to the inlet of the blower.... any vacuum there at WOT would mean the blower is trying to draw more air and will end up with much higher temperatures and a fall off of performance.

Fraser

Back