Whats better for Boost Gauge = Elect. or Mechanical

bkosonen

I'm going to order some prosport gauges and the boost comes in Electric or mechanical what is better??? I'm going to get ProSport gauges, they are very nice and cheap.

electric is better, but I have a mechanical and it works fine.

hose for air is tough to route through firewall and dash without it kinking or breaking so that is why I say electric

not sure what type of sender for electric and where to mount it...

Go mechanical, its cheaper and I've never had a problem with it. I also believe that they responsed faster than the electrical unit. Now when it comes to oil pressure or coolant temp you want to go electric, no reason to have hot fluids running in your dash.

The only resin I ask is the gauges have a cool
Opening when you power them up and the mechanical dosent do that so it will be weird looking with 2 that do it and 1 don't. And with a-piller it's easyer to run wires.

electric is better, but I have a mechanical and it works fine.

hose for air is tough to route through firewall and dash without it kinking or breaking so that is why I say electric

not sure what type of sender for electric and where to mount it...

I went electric and just put a T in the original line. That way I didn't need to run through the firewall. They both work and both seem very accurate.

Opening when you power them up and the mechanical dosent do that so it will be weird looking with 2 that do it and 1 don't. And with a-piller it's easyer to run wires.

It's only a small plastic tube the same size as the wire, your going to be running something there no matter what, your call though.

if your asking so you can keep all the same style, then i say keep the same style. imo if you are going to look at it everytime you drive then be happy with what your looking at.

I like the mechanical boost/vacuum gauges. The hard nylon hose is actually smaller than the wiring harness between the MAP sensor and electric gauge.

David

im with david, ever see a sending unit go bad? yep i have too. mechanical gauges have less stuff to go wrong. i wont use another electrical gauge, mech all the way.

Back