White smoke of death...

ScubaCoupe

Just blew the head gasket.... :( 1900 to fix.... if it goes as planned... any idea how strong our heads are? Soon as i saw smoke i stopped the car... Do ours usually crack? Really can't afford new heads...

Just blew the head gasket.... :( 1900 to fix.... if it goes as planned... any idea how strong our heads are? Soon as i saw smoke i stopped the car... Do ours usually crack? Really can't afford new heads...

No, the heads don't usually crack. I guess you are having a shop do the work?

its at a shop now.

I have it at a shop doing the work since i have no tools .... long story... engine will crank jsut not start of course with coolant in the cylinders. turned off engine but it happend day before turkey day at about 8 pm ... had to leave on business to the philippines day after... got back and took to the shop... no welding... still cranks... was planning a rebuild with significant mods after taxes ... but i guess i will have to do the mods my self... poor timing ... just hope the heads are still intact anything i should have them upgrade while its apart?

get the true double springs,have the heads decked and get arp studs for a 2.8 chevy summit has them to start.

1900 to fix....

i hope the shop knows what they are doing haha they couldnt figure out the brake start ..... bad sign?

ummmm....

wow, 19 hun to replace head gaskets. Was that just an estimate or the repair cost after they tested and looked over the car? You must really love this car is all i got to say :)

Not a shop?Your screwed already!

They don't no what the heck they are doing, prob once its back together it will blow up on ya...not to give you a sore tooth feeling but its happened before on here!

Or find a place that has worked on these cars before it will be an advantage:)

Just my 2 cents

Tom

Comes with a 12 month 12000 mile warranty

They are a highly recommended shop... using felpro gaskets and studs... the owner worked on these when they were new so hopefully itll be ok...

they did add an addtional 250 for hoses / belts/ plug wires and what not though... ill get it back friday and see what the deal is .... but i figure after 150k miles and almost 21 years ... this was in the making already... and kinda planned just a little early...

wow, 19 hun to replace head gaskets. Was that just an estimate or the repair cost after they tested and looked over the car? You must really love this car is all i got to say :)
Yes i do love the car ... favorite thing about it is the sleepertude as i call it... and how 90% of the ppl dont know whats under the hood :p

Its back to life

Got the car back yesterday .... runs great!!! Had to get a new battery this morning but warranty is great :) final cost for headwork was 2131... but got all new hoses and belts and plug wires too. Im ok with it the shop did great and get this the bird flew threw cali smog EVEN the gross pulluter test with flying colors.... So good to have my baby back... now hurry up tax returns!! The year of claiming 0 on fed returns is about to pay off big time... MPX power package 2 time... oh a quick ? for you guys other than the power pack what else can should i do too the car i know i want the SCP 2 setting chip.... Dave can you give me any tips on settings? I am getting a full custom bassani exhuast (got the hook up ) Its a shame i had to do the heads when i wasnt finacially ready too... couldnt afford the port and polish.

Next year taxes spires turbo into the intake .... has anyone done this yet?

Got the car back yesterday .... runs great!!! Had to get a new battery this morning but warranty is great :) final cost for headwork was 2131... but got all new hoses and belts and plug wires too. Im ok with it the shop did great and get this the bird flew threw cali smog EVEN the gross pulluter test with flying colors.... So good to have my baby back... now hurry up tax returns!!

Congratulations! I'm glad it all worked out. So good to have a nice-running car back.

Back