Pull to the left and tires

fturner

Since the last time I was on the road course I've had a nasty pull to the left, so I figured maybe the K-Frame or the steering rack shifted, even though there is no evidence of that.

I'm getting a noticable steering wheel wobble at low speeds that become a vibration at high speeds so I'm sure it is a tire that isn't good anymore. Just curious if a slipped belt in a tire could cause a pull like that?

Fraser

did you check all the steering and suspension stuff? bend a tie rod maybe? a bad tire can cause out of alignment symptoms. so can a sticky caliper. can you swap a rear tire to the front to check?

Your left bank is making more power than your right bank. Suggest egt sensors on each of the 6 primaries as well as 1 wide band per bank as to dial it in properly.

Corey

Your left bank is making more power than your right bank. Suggest egt sensors on each of the 6 primaries as well as 1 wide band per bank as to dial it in properly.

Corey

I was thinking that I should add a zip tie to the left bank fuel rail to control the fuel being delivered to that bank, since I already do have the capability to monitor each bank with a wide band :p.

But the EGT sensors are a good though :).

Fraser

yes a agree with dave.. my Taurus sho had a bad left tire.. when the car was in the air i could see the tire shift while spinning the tire...

couldn't figure out what was wrong since i checked all my parts... it started with a slight pull then it got to the point will it was shaking the car and making it move side to side when at a slow speed.

I had the same problem after an Autocross event. ;)

I felt a pop during a hard/quick left turn and the alignment was off (had just had the car aligned before the event). Turns out, the lower control arm adjustment point slipped a little bit. Fortunately, Big-O warrantied their work for 6 months...so I took it back and got it fixed. The tech said something like "I've never seen that happen - I got it nice and tight!" :D I wasn't sure how they'd feel about fixing a racing problem, so I just told them I made a sharp turn in a parking lot, heard a pop, then the alignment was off....which was perfectly true. ;)

YES, a faulty tire can cause.

A pull to either direction
a vibration at low speeds
a vibration at high speeds
increased tread wear, or uneven wear accross the tire
higher than normal noise from tire.

we deal with this almost everyday, customers run over pot hole or curb and then want us to align the car, then they come back over and over and wont believe its there tires they think we didnt align vehicle properly.

swap the front tires to rear (if same size) and test if the problem goes away its your tires. or side to side and see if it followes.

Since its winter time, I decided to throw on some all seasons from the 94 parts car that looked pretty decent and sure enough, it was a tire that was causing it all... I've got no pull now and no wobbles.

Fraser

Back