another idea instead of junking it.

fordemt

There a few 5.0 and 4.6 tbirds in the pullapart here in Columbia. What about swapping to one of those instead of junking the car? I'm tired of the v6 already but I hate to just junk it. I know the wiring will be the big thing. Do I need 1993 specific wiring and computer? What else?

Sell what you have, put the money toward a V8 car. If you have grown tired of trouble shooting what you have, a project as involved as swaping to a different engine all together isn't going to renue your interest in this car.

There a few 5.0 and 4.6 tbirds in the pullapart here in Columbia. What about swapping to one of those instead of junking the car? I'm tired of the v6 already but I hate to just junk it. I know the wiring will be the big thing. Do I need 1993 specific wiring and computer? What else?

Easiest way to make the swap to a 5.0, would be to find a 93 T-Bird LX to use for a donor. You are going to need lots of parts from it, including the radiator, motor mounts, ignition module, tach, wiring harness and computer. If you do this the SC exhaust will bolt right up to the 5.0 manifolds and the entire swap is pretty much plug and play.

See this thread and search 5.0 conversion for more info.

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41690&highlight=5.0+conversion

David

PS: Unless you are also going to do a power adder, the car is going to be considerably slower after installing the 5.0.

if you dont swap, i would like the accessory brackets and accessories from that junked bird.

:)

Not sure how much they're worth to be honest. If I sell I'd rather sell the whole thing. It's in decent shape. I'd be willing to take 500 obo. That's for the whole car. i don't honestly have a whole lot of time to part it out.

Not sure how much they're worth to be honest. If I sell I'd rather sell the whole thing. It's in decent shape. I'd be willing to take 500 obo. That's for the whole car. i don't honestly have a whole lot of time to part it out.

Good call, sell it cheap to someone who wants to use it as a whole or for parts. I parted out/stripped 2 SCs and now 2 Gran Torinos... too much time invested to make any real money. $500 cash and be done with it... GOOD DEAL!

I have the know how to rebuild it. I don't have the funds. I'm unemployed currently and my fiance and I only have one vehicle (an F150!). So I could really use the cash to buy a running car. If anyone is interested, please let me know. If there is a better place to list it please tell me.

I can email or text pictures. It's a 1993 Auto SC. Engine I believe is blown. Complete car. Front bumper needs replacement. Everything works. Ac has not been recharged. New hgs with arp head studs. It's black currently but originally that greenish blue color. Can't remember the name now. No radio. Originally had the upgraded system in it. Gray interior. Seats aren't ripped. Sunroof doesn't leak. That's all I can think of right now.

Back