engine build opinions

Superloop

I need the experts to give me advice on my engine build...here's my list so far

1989 block bored .030 over
wiseco pistons
1995 crankshaft
windage tray
1995 connecting rods
heads with bigger valves (By Dave Dalke:D)
custom mild cam (By Dave Dalke:D)
1995 blower or mpx case....unsure....suggestions?
magnum powers fmic
Custom tune....may get quarterhorse tuner
have an aod...shoud I keep or do manual swap?

That's a start....what else do you all recommend? shooting for 300-350 rwhp
I already talked to Dave Dalke but I want to see what other people here are running to make that kind of horses
thanks

if you can get a 95 block
the 95 blower ported with the mp plenum will do fine.
if your doing a bottom end get the scat rods instead of the 95.
Build it once and right the first time may cost extra know bur will save you more later. I know i have been there.
I would also get the upgraded oil pump. keep the aod and , get a double ic intead of the mag powers one. ya don't need it and will save ya money and you get the better rods that way.

Why no on the fmic and why get a later sc block? any advantages...disadvantages
ok is there anything else to avoid or to get?
are the stock 95 rods not good enough?
I wanna build it right the first time like your saying thats why Im asking lots of questions

No difference in using any year block, and those rods will be fine. An FMIC shouldn't really be needed for your goals, but you can build one much cheaper then the MP. What injectors, MAF, fuel pump are you going with also since I don't see those in your list and will be needed?

No difference in using any year block, and those rods will be fine. An FMIC shouldn't really be needed for your goals, but you can build one much cheaper then the MP. What injectors, MAF, fuel pump are you going with also since I don't see those in your list and will be needed?

60 lb injectors
255 fuel pump
not sure on the maf but thats why im here asking the experts:)
anything else that im missing?

That sounds good, a 76mm or 80mm MAF will work fine. I would upgrade to the Melling M246 high volume oil pump. I would also get a stall converter and a valvebody for that AOD.

I need the experts to give me advice on my engine build...here's my list so far

1989 block bored .030 over
wiseco pistons
1995 crankshaft
windage tray
1995 connecting rods
heads with bigger valves (By Dave Dalke:D)
custom mild cam (By Dave Dalke:D)
1995 blower or mpx case....unsure....suggestions?
magnum powers fmic
Custom tune....may get quarterhorse tuner
have an aod...shoud I keep or do manual swap?

That's a start....what else do you all recommend? shooting for 300-350 rwhp
I already talked to Dave Dalke but I want to see what other people here are running to make that kind of horses
thanks

Suggust you listen to what Dave tells you. He has built numerous SC motors for numerous power levels and knows better than most what it takes to accomplish your goals. He's also very honest and his prices are very reasonable.

David

PS: Keep the AOD but add a Lentech VB and looser converter.

Suggust you listen to what Dave tells you. He has built numerous SC motors for numerous power levels and knows better than most what it takes to accomplish your goals. He's also very honest and his prices are very reasonable.

David

PS: Keep the AOD but add a Lentech VB and looser converter.

Ok..will do and thanks to everyone for helping:)

Back