PDA

View Full Version : power window fix

PETEp
12-04-2010, 09:21 AM
Has any one changed the power window lift gear .The motor runs but the window needs help to move. I all ready got the gear I just want to know what I am in for. I was told it was its not to hard to do, thanks guys

the-big-e
12-04-2010, 01:44 PM
It's very easy to do....

Just make sure you clean all the plastic fragments out of the gear box area....

If you are talking about the steel window regulator that the lift motor drives, than that is a different story all together.....

PETEp
12-04-2010, 02:56 PM
Thank you, I dont think its the steel one. I did not use the car for 2 years and I think the window glass was stuck. I pushed the window button and clunk. so like an a$$ hole I pushed the button for the other side clunk again. I guess I have to drill holes in the in side door at the dimples to get to the nuts to remove the motor. fun fun fun.:cool:

the-big-e
12-04-2010, 03:18 PM
You most likely have the dreaded stripped out window motor plastic plugs syndrome.....:p

The plastic plugs can be purchased at any parts store.....

They are located in the HELP section....

To remove a window motor, there are three nuts and one wire connection....

Removing the door speaker will help in the removal and installation process....

Take window motor gear drive apart (do not separate the actual motor from the gear drive housing) and clean out all the broken plastic chunks....

Install the new plastic plugs, grease up the worm gear and main drive gear, reassemble, and install.....

They should be good to go for another 20 years.....:D