Spoiler Question

Wicked SC

Hey guys (and girls, I guess), I'll be installing a spoiler on my '95 SC this weekend. Now, rather than drilling the trunk lid and quarterpanels (it's a 3-piece spoiler), I'll be using 3M heavy-duty double-sided tape. My question is this: What would be the best way to clean/prep the surfaces to make sure everything adheres properly? Thank you in advance.

With my extensive work in detailing i have learned 1 thing...when using double-sided sticky tape...clean anything you are about to stick to with alcohol...regular rubbing alcohol works great...make sure the surface to stick to is completely clean AND dry...do the application in a warm envirornment ( heated garage, in the sunlight, etc...) you should have good results if you follow these hints...good luck..lemme know what happens...

Thanx.

I'm telling you, you guys are just a fountain of wisdom. I'll follow your advice this weekend. THANK YOU. I'll post some pics after the installation.

Prepsall is really good for something like this.....i beleive that it is an alchole bases solvant.

What spoiler are you putting on?

todd

Prepsall? Hmm, never heard of it. I'll shop around tomorrow and see if I can find it. Oh, and the spoiler is kind of weird. It's got two small pieces that go on the quarterpanels (one on each side, of course) and the main, long piece goes on the trunk lid. It's kind of hard to explain, and I couldn't find any other similar spoilers to post a pic, but I'll show you when it's done. Actually this spoiler was donated by my '89 SC before I sold it last year. The car came with it when I bought it (used) from a dealership.
I'll post some pics soon. Thanks for your help.

spoiler

i think i've seen the spoiler you have.
does the trunk part have a third brake light on it??
I think its a aftermarket mustang (hatch back style) knockoff.

its pretty good looking.
you don't happen to be in florida do you. 'Cause theres a guy out there with a 92 black SC thats got one of those spoilers.
Its all right though still very rare spoiler to have. Thats always the best part i've found. I like being the only sc with the spoiler i have.
( I don't have the one your talking about)

I think mine is a xenon, but i don't know what type i got it with my car too. sorry no pix guys.

jim

Actually, mine doesn't have the third brake light, and I live in Las Vegas, although I did buy my SC in Florida (but it's a 95). I have thought about putting an LED light in it somewhere. but there's not much room in there. And yeah, it is kind of rare, cause I havent seen many SC's with this particular spoiler (that makes it that much cooler). I've got a couple more things to work on, and then I'll post a couple of pics so you can check it out.

Back