275/35/18s on all 4 courners

91BLOWNBIRD

so I tried my rear 275/35/18s on the front of my 91 SC with late model spindles and cobra anni calipers...it cleared everything...gets pretty close to sway bar and spindle arm, but clears.

Attachments

• wheel to spindle arm.jpg
    wheel to spindle arm.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 241
  • wheel to upper arm.jpg
    wheel to upper arm.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 235
  • wheel to swaybar.jpg
    wheel to swaybar.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 223
yeah I thought about that after I put it all back together with the 275 in back and 245 in front, as I was also doing a rear end install. So I will have to try it again and see how it looks in relation to the fender

It seems as though an 11" sec width on a 25.7"dia tire is doable as far as suspension is concerned.

yeah they are +36mm offset and I am not sure how much travel with the tokico II and eibach springs there will be

I'll look at it again hopefully next tuesday and get some pics of side, top, and fended/tire relationship

I have ran 275/40/18's all the way around on 18x9's with a 36mm offset. Never had any issues in the front, but the rear rubbed on the fender lip a bit, but not much. Rolling the lips in would have made it clear.

update

put the 275/35/18s back on front the other day and took some fender pics:

Attachments

• 275 front.jpg
    275 front.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 194
  • 275 top.JPG
    275 top.JPG
    354.2 KB · Views: 166
That are the same diameter unless i mistaken, 275/40/17 and 235/40/17
width/sidewall/wheel size

Only difference is the rears are wider, these are also the sizes on the car right now.

Side wall numbers are expressed as a percentage of tire width, not a fixed dimension like 40mm. So 40% of 235 is not going to be the same as 40% of 275. Here's a calculator that converts tire sizes into diameter and other measurements.

http://www.1010tires.com/TireSizeCalculator.asp?action=submit

David

Last edited:
the shop should have confirmed that with you...sounds like the just want your money...tire shops I've been to have always wanted to clarify aftermarket tire sizes

the shop should have confirmed that with you...sounds like the just want your money...tire shops I've been to have always wanted to clarify aftermarket tire sizes

yeah that wouldn't suprise me at all...But the mistake was mine, I gave the size to the shop after glancing at the tires. then I went and looked when I got home today, they are actually 235/45/17's on the front.

according to the Tire Size Calculator, the overall diameter of the 275/40 is 25.66in, and the OD of the 235/40 is 24.40", and the 235/45 is 25.32"

So my question is what will the 1.2" in diameter cause any issues?

Last edited:
yeah that wouldn't suprise me at all...But the mistake was mine, I gave the size to the shop after glancing at the tires. then I went and looked when I got home today, they are actually 235/45/17's on the front.

according to the Tire Size Calculator, the overall diameter of the 275/40 is 25.66in, and the OD of the 235/40 is 24.40", and the 235/45 is 25.32"

So my question is what will the 1.2" in diameter cause any issues?

abs wise it may

Well after thinking about it, there is no way I can take the 1.2" drop in the front since the car is already lowered.

Called the shop today to swap the tires the 235/45's (only .34" difference front to back) are in stock and the car is going to the shop today.....NIIIICCCCCEEEEEE

Give me more time at the pick n pull on saturday LOL!

you should go 245/45s tirerack lists some sets for under $500...looking at a little over $100 for the each front maybe spending about $20 extra and they are wider and the diameters are practically the same as the 275/40s

Back