Losing lug nut

neverfastenough

So Im loosing 1 lug nut on my right front. Has happened twice so far. I always put them on with a torque wrench...any thoughts?

Corey

Any chance that stud is worn down.

Wheel expands and contracts with the cold and if the timing is bad continues to spool off?

Paul

Your turbo post ignition filter is causing a usual vibration that in turn is causing one lug nut on the closest wheel to vibrate loose. :rolleyes:

i'd also say your blinker fluiid might be way low. the reservoir is bolted to the flux capacitor in your wheel hub, and the fluid inside it acts as a damper for the vibrations.... if its low you dont have any vibration damping... hence the lug nuts are shaking right off there...

torque her back on there and top off your blinker fluid and you'll be cool. :D

I think he's hangin around the ricers too much, tryin to learn their tricks(brake boosting) and their fart pipes are vibrating the nuts off.:D

I think you might have a thief with a conscience ! You see, he steals one lug nut at a time, leaving the other three so you don't have a wreck if the wheel falls off! :)

My suggestions are to get your torque wrench celebrated, it could be off? You never know. Also torque them down twice. Once to set the wheel on the hub snugly, then finish it up by torquing them the second time to your preference.

Ps. I was always told aluminum wheals need to have 100 ft-lb and re-torqued every so often any ways.

Back