Another question about wheels, again, I know

90turbo1

so I have searched but I am getting confused with all the different people replying with different answers and different ways of measuring the rims...

i have 1992 thunderbird sc
mustang hubs.

i wana run these rims..2008 mustang gt rims. the style.. at liest

but tire rack sells american racing versions of them (look like bullet mustang rims)

here is the dimensions..

front
18x9 offset 34mm
backspacing 6.37 inch

rear
18x10 offset 45mm
backspacing 7.36 inch

will these fit or will I still need spacers?

and if so what tirs will I need to fit, I am not interested in max tire i dont want them to get chewed up on the fenders...

thanks

245 45 18 for the fronts
275 40 18 for the rears

the fronts should not rub and sit pretty good with the fender.

The rear might be tucked in a little too much and you might get some inner rubbing on the back. You could use a small 3mm spacer to make it stick out a little more but then the rubbing might be transfered to the actual quarter lip.

you will need to strap down the ebrake cables to the sway bar in the back.

I think we have a 40 mm offset. We are cool 39-42. You could get rubbing issues with one and in too far on the other. Measure.

ok, sorry for the questions. but I decided on a set of 03 cobra wheels.

17x9 looks like 26mm offset. (printed in rim)

got a set for almost nothing.

anyway.. what tires do you suggest (size wise) front and rear

do I need spacers or anything like that.

anyone got pics of there 1992 with cobra rims.

thanks, search is not narrowing it down quite enough it seems..

I dont remember now if 93's have a different offset than -92 but heres a few pics of 17x9 cobra r's on my old 93. I still have these rims and im thinking of powdercoating them black and putting them on my 90:cool:

IMG_1449-1.jpg

IMG_1434.jpg

IMG_1437.jpg

Those rims will stick out and more than likely rub with anything larger than a 245. my 17*8 99 cobra rims with 255's up front were cutting it close and my tire eventually tore into the fender lip. Thast with a 30mm offset. 26 and a 9 inch rim will put it out even further

Those rims will stick out and more than likely rub with anything larger than a 245. my 17*8 99 cobra rims with 255's up front were cutting it close and my tire eventually tore into the fender lip. Thast with a 30mm offset. 26 and a 9 inch rim will put it out even further

I was running 255 up front and it would rub on sharp turns and stick out some.

THATS WHY I AM ASKING, all your rims i can find are cobra r rims, I just got the standard cobra rims...

dont have car with me to mock them up right now either.

Back