Cutting out at high boost

bkosonen

So now and then not ALL the time when I'm in boost about peek boost, it will chug and fill like its cutting out. Also I'm THINKING I might be having a cam sensor going out because the tach is droping off and engine light has been coming on. Will a bad cam senser cause it to cut out. Also not sure when the fuel filter has been changed last. Not sure how pickey these cars are on low fuel but thats when I notice it. Other times it wont do it.

sounds like a failing external tfi module (dis module) or a crank sensor, cam sensor won't cause the car to run any different

the crank sensor cam sensor and tfi module should be changed out together

So now and then not ALL the time when I'm in boost about peek boost, it will chug and fill like its cutting out. Also I'm THINKING I might be having a cam sensor going out because the tach is droping off and engine light has been coming on. Will a bad cam senser cause it to cut out. Also not sure when the fuel filter has been changed last. Not sure how pickey these cars are on low fuel but thats when I notice it. Other times it wont do it.

Might have the filter sock installed wrong on the fuel pump and it's sucking air at low fuel levels under hard acceleration. If it only happens when fuel level is low, it has to be something related to the fuel pump

David

not 100% sure bud...maybe someone else would know....mine would stutter and run like crap @ around 12+psi and once i fixed the leak at the resonator it went away

The Exhaust is bone stock. I have been having the tach drop off and engine light problem so I wonder if its the cam sensor causing this

could be the cam sensor. yes, it can make the car run differently. and the tach go screwy. pull the codes and post them.

Ok I got a code reader here is what the codes are:

528 - clutch switch circuit fault

564 - electro drive fan circuit fault - I think cuz I have the fan on always

214 - cyl. Identification circuit failure

Then 10 I think that means end of codes

I have a extra coil pack brand new from autozone that he never put on and he said he put a new ignition control module but I have 2 extras. What do you guys think?'the light comes on once awile and the tach will drop now and then f it was a crank sensor would that be a code

214 could be a Camshaft Position sensor, Crankshaft Position sensor, DIS Module. It also could be caused by an impending Harmonic balancer failure.

I would try switching the cam sensor first. I had a code 214 on my car shortly after installing the new 4.2 motor last year, and it had many of the same issues you are describing. Replacing the cam position sensor fixed it.

David

Back