Will this Automatic Transmission work in our cars?

a t5 is a manual, that clearly isn't, the t5 doesn't fit in the sc due to the shifter location, so i would assume by them listing it for a v8 tbird they are referring to the old fox, that appears to be an AOD, so in short yes it MAY work in a sc

but is it worth it? not IMO

get yourself a 4r70w from a 98+ v6 or explorer and swap in the gen2 sc ecu... done

a t5 is a manual, that clearly isn't, the t5 doesn't fit in the sc due to the shifter location, so i would assume by them listing it for a v8 tbird they are referring to the old fox, that appears to be an AOD, so in short yes it MAY work in a sc

but is it worth it? not IMO

get yourself a 4r70w from a 98+ v6 or explorer and swap in the gen2 sc ecu... done

gen 2 ????? i got a 94

yep that'll do, im not sure if the manual ecu has the internals to control an auto, only one way to find out, but if i had to guess it probably does

yep that'll do, im not sure if the manual ecu has the internals to control an auto, only one way to find out, but if i had to guess it probably does

well would that mean that the red line will be diff i know my 94 has a limter or something gose to sertin rpm and bounces

That is an aod, probably not as good as the stock SC unit, but it should work for a while. Ford used the better servo for a reason, inferior servo's do not last behind SC torque.
Alan

Well, so goes that. The reason I asked or posed this question is that "bowez" on this site aka my mechanic, has a late model SC that is is beautiful to look at but needs an auto trans. Have been looking for a while to get a low, low priced alternative that will work so I am not the only one that has a car on the road in our area. I guess I will keep looking. Seems like out of the 4 guys around me that have SC's am it for now as far as road-ability goes. My car needs company.

March should be back on the road. I've resigned myself to a SilverFox 550, with F52 TT converter. Spreading the money around a little.

Not were I'd like to spend $2k but sometimes you got to.

Back