EGR delete kit

Same thing here.....

I used two pennies (same year as the car):p to block off the exhaust manifold port and a thin piece of aluminum with a homemade gasket to block off the plenum side....

Leave the EGR module plugged in so you won't get a CEL and you are good to go....:cool:

Same thing here.....

I used two pennies (same year as the car):p to block off the exhaust manifold port and a thin piece of aluminum with a homemade gasket to block off the plenum side....

Leave the EGR module plugged in so you won't get a CEL and you are good to go....:cool:

do u got pics

No, but it should be self evident....

It is probably one of the simplest mods I've done to an SC....:D

Last edited:
ill take some pictures for you when i go back to work on my car. im in the middle of a motor swap so everything is still off the top end. i have a picture its just kind of hard to see and there so my junk on the table lol

Attachments

• egr delete.jpg
    egr delete.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 164
There really is no 'benefit'.....

The EGR tube breaks off when you try to remove it....

I've tried taking them off at the plenum first, but the bellows tube always splits and separates....:mad:

In theory, it should pick up some power. It would be burning a percentage of cooler, oxygenated air instead of hot exhaust air.

like Ed said there is no benefit. it just makes things A LOT easier when you pull the supercharger off. its hard to get your hand back there to get the bolts out.

Back