shorty headers

oSCar3.8

Asking $175 shipped. These are the old Bill Hull style headers and do not require modifications to fit in the car. They will require downtubes however, and will not bolt up to the stock exhaust. Primaries measure 1 3/4 and collectors measure 2 1/2. O2 sensor shown in pics included.

Attachments

• sc parts 031.jpg
    sc parts 031.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 180
  • sc parts 032.jpg
    sc parts 032.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 176
  • sc parts 033.jpg
    sc parts 033.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 198
Last edited:
Oscar are these a direct replacement for stock manifolds?
Ie... bolt right up to stock downtubes?

I WANT THEM IF THEY ARE!

I have a set of long tubes I can trade or sell.
Or pay cash/paypal ASAP.

Are these standard production 96/97 3.8 N/A header/manifolds?

I don't think so Bob. I have a set and they don't look like that. I recall reading that a member was fabing up manifolds that looked like that.

I don't think so Bob. I have a set and they don't look like that. I recall reading that a member was fabing up manifolds that looked like that.

Hey Branko,
I just wondered because I have a set of N/A 96/97 factory headers. I don't need them with the Kook's long tubes, so I just wondered if they were worth anything? They look nearly identical, except for all of the welds. I'm wondering how much of those welds are internally restricting the flow?

I still have standard manifolds, I am open to buying headers of any type, shorty or long tube, I am redoing the exhaust all the way back anyhow. Can someone put a number to a pair of headers.

Hey Branko,
I just wondered because I have a set of N/A 96/97 factory headers. I don't need them with the Kook's long tubes, so I just wondered if they were worth anything? They look nearly identical, except for all of the welds. I'm wondering how much of those welds are internally restricting the flow?

Not sure about the welds. They were selling pretty easy at the TCCOA. If you are looking to sell, try posting there.

Anyone heard from Oscar?

Sent him PMs and seen or heard nothing since he posted this.

Does anyone know if these are a direct bolt in place/replacement for stock manifolds?

They should be. If they are of an N/A 3.8 the are designed to clear the steering shaft. Same goes if they were custome fabricated.

Anyone heard from Oscar?

Sent him PMs and seen or heard nothing since he posted this.

Does anyone know if these are a direct bolt in place/replacement for stock manifolds?

I think these clear the steering shaft but i cant say for sure. I never had them installed on my car. I bought a motor out of a 90 XR7 and these were on the motor without the rest of the exhaust. Il try to find out who makes them.

I think these clear the steering shaft but i cant say for sure. I never had them installed on my car. I bought a motor out of a 90 XR7 and these were on the motor without the rest of the exhaust. Il try to find out who makes them.

measure the primaries and collectors. They almost look like headers from when Bill Hull had them designed.

measure the primaries and collectors. They almost look like headers from when Bill Hull had them designed.

I would say they are the old Bill Hull headers that he use to sell back in the day (1997 to when he sold the club). They look just like what I have on my car.

Back