Jbl radio repair

markd427

Hi Everyone, just wanted to leave a note on the Ford JBL radio. The radio in my 91 XR7 was really bad. Lost one channel, Always Crackling, and the cassette player has not worked for years. Well Paul Protos rebuild my unit recently and it sounds new again. He replaced 59 bad EL capacitors and rebuild the tape mechanism. Everything now works. All that for $115 with shipping. If you have problems with your, definielty contact Paul at polyscroll@hotmail.com or google him and you will find he has been doing this for years for this radio.

Did he give you a zip lock baggie with the bad parts....:D

He has rebuilt two radios for me and they sound better than new.....:D

Can he fix a busted CD player? Mine has started spitting out the CD's although the radio still sounds pretty good.

Ira

Paul just rebuilt my JBL Radio and CD - - -

I had it to a couple of local speciality shops - and they said they couldn't get the parts to repair it, they told me that to rebuild the CD would be way over $250.00 and not worth it. One shop shipped the radio to a "factory authorized repair facility" - only to have them return it as no longer able to rebuild these.

Checked on the boards here - to see if I could find a NOS replacement - and found several recommendations for Paul. THANKS to everyone that Posted the information and recommendations for Paul !!!

Add my name to the list - turn around as about a week - and Paul kept me informed every step of the way - and he was a pleasure to deal with.

Carl Beck
91 SC
Clearwater, FL
beck@becksystems.com

Christmas in january!!!!!!!!

I just got both of my stereos back today. I'm so happy I need barbituates. With all the liitle broke parts in those little bags I don't know how it gets done so fast, and YES, one of them is a C-D, which is apparently rare in a 1990 but not a problem for Paul. I think i'm gonna go out in the 20 degree weather and stick one in. Thanks again Paul!

Back