Gasket set

Tim Moore

Need info on gasket set

I am doing a top to bottom rebuild on my 95 motor,and i need to know the part #s for the fel-pro gasket set. Should i be using the 4.2 head gaskets? What is the part # for this. Any other tips would be appreciated. Thank you. Tim Moore

Last edited:
just get!

Tim,
Just go to Brown Bros. and get the factory 4.2 gasket that made by Felpro.And look for Chris S.Later.

Tim, the 4.2L head gaskets by themselves are : F65Z-6051-AE for the right side, and F65Z-6051-AEE for the left, about $46 and $38 Canadian wholesale price. You need to have a mirror-like finish on the cylinder heads to use the 4.2 gaskets.

Fel-Pro numbers are : HS 9642 PT-1 for the upper set, and CS 8857-6 for the lower set, for 94 - 95 specifically.

BTW I can order in Fel-Pro and send them out to you if you can't find a good price locally.

cheers
Ed Nicholson
SCCoO

Which ones 3.8 or 4.2

Would you recomend, as this is an auto and will be my wifes daily driver. It will see the 1/4 mile once or twice just for fun.

The 4.2 gaskets are very good, and a decent price, but as I said, your cyl. heads need to be machined to a mirror finish for those gaskets to work properly. I forget what the spec is in microns, but not all machine shops are going to have the proper equipment to do this for you, it may take some searching around. The Fel-Pro kit comes complete with everything you'll need to the job, all the little bits and pieces ... many guys have used these successfully, especially on a car that is not going to get thrashed on all the time.

Send me an e-mail or a p.m. if you would like a price on the Fel-Pro stuff, or the rest of the Ford stuff separately to complete the job using 4.2 gaskets.

cheers
Ed N.

Back