IRCM,CCRM poorboy style!!!

Dirtyd0g

Also known as Integrated Control Relay Module, or Constant Control Relay Module. This is the box in front of your passenger headlight that controls the A/C, Fuel pump and cooling fan. These units are about $100 or more remanufactured, Used are risky and New are obsolete. The problem, failed relays. Normally an easy swap but ford decided to solder the relays to a board, put them in the box and charge a fortune for them.
The solution, $6 relays from Summit Racing. I bought these relays to make some headlight units for my personal cars, but a buddy had a cooling fan relay go out in his ccrm, with nothing to lose I soldered the wires from the relay into the board in the correct locations. The locations are easy to figure because both relays have the terminals numbered and a picture on the side of what they do. The new relay does have an extra pin, but you won't use it. I will take pictures of the internal parts when I either replace the other 2 relays or fix another one. For now I just fixed the cooling fan relay which is in the center. Then just mount the relay to the core support. It really couldn't be easier and if it ever fails again just buy a $3 relay and swap it.
Alan
mounted.jpg

newrelay.jpg

oldrelay.jpg

i normally pocket these relays whenever i rummage through a junkyard. they're in every ford car i ever see. :) i have a whole box of em. ;)

Can you take more pics and put a write up on the steps? I'm sure many of us on the board could benefit from it.

For those looking to replace their relay modules with separate relays, the main problem may be the wiring.

Two solutions I've run across recently:

*EDIT* http://www.allelectronics.com and on the left, go down to "Relay Sockets" and check out the single and dual (seems like they're generated links tied to a cookie - I can't get back by a hotlink either.) *END EDIT* *EDIT PART DEAUX* Drats, I can't get there from a link to the ROOT! Try typing in the www.allelectronics.com in your browser. I'm going to have to note that - this is the FIRST web site I've EVER had that problem on! *END EDIT PART DEAUX*

Of course, there's always the 'cut them out of a boneyard car' method - but really, would YOU want to go back and fix a wiring harness after someone did that to one you wanted?

RwP

Last edited:
I would think it has to be something in your browser as it just shows up in the thread when hosted elsewhere and posted as an img.
Alan

Heh. They worked when I posted, but not now. HOWEVER - if you drill down, you can get to them.

So I posted the root link and how to get to them.

My bad - I didn't realize they weren't quasi-permanent hotlinks.

RwP

Back