Whats everyones goals for 2011?

kenewagner

I have heard all kinds of things about New this and new that. More turbos, A TVS, Blowers getting enormous, What is everyone cooking up for the new year? What is everyones goals? For me, I am looking to have a top notch fuel system, Less weight, 1.73 roller rockers to replace the 1.6 I have now, a slightly smaller pulley to take advatage of the extra lift. With those mods I want to be able to

Run a 11.4 ET
Hit 120 MPH
Actually tune the car to a concrete HP number

Drop all the secrecy guys, tell us what you got planned;) Inquiring minds want to know:D

Ken

Last edited:
I will be building a 2nd SC powered Mustang which is owned by my daughter.
It should be a 12 second daily driver, when all is said and done.

I plan on putting a set of big valve ported heads on my car, along with a larger cam and a converter. (maybe I can eek into the 10s)

Last edited:
Break in my new clutch.
Run 11.5 at 120. With or without nitrous. :rolleyes:
Take down some more muscle cars and supercars on my neighborhood highways.
Get in a TV show.

If all fails sell the parts and place ebay bids on an SRT-10 vipa.

Nothin crazy this year, just a better intake system for the blower with the 95mm throttle body, 4" intake, slot MAF, and more tuning to dial in all the upgrades from this year. Be nice to hit 11.5's but we'll see what happens.

As I've noted in the recent past, my goals are to run, with a rollbar, 11.0's on motor and low 10's with a 100 shot of nitrous.

My new planned mods will probably cost me at least 5k..............:eek::eek:

I'm not planning anything major this year.

For the 91 SC, I'll be switching from a Lentech 2700 rpm, to a DirtyDog 3500 rpm converter. Installing an LC-1 wideband and digital display gauge to assist with self tuning. Upgrading the intake side to a 95mm TB, 4" air pipe with integrated slot style MAF, and larger air filter. I think that will be enough for 500 plus rwhp and high 10s without using nitrous.

For the 93 SC, I just got a new much stronger transmission and higher stall torque converter built/installed by DirtyDog to replace the badly damaged Lentech AOD. I'll also be swapping the turbo exhaust housing from .81 AR to .96 AR for more flow/power. Next time I race it, I'll also remove the undersized air filter and install a screen on the turbo inlet (track use only). I think that will be enough for nearly 800 rwhp and 9s. If it actually runs 9s, I may also add a rollbar and 5 point harness.

David

The same goals as last year I'm afraid. Better consistancy with the '95, hopefully get some more seat time and that the QH will allow me to dial it in a little better. Tired of running 12.3's all day long with only the occasional kick-arse run. Need to get back out there and earn that quickest 5 speed title again.

Otherwise it's still a blast having a street car from he$$.

On the '94 there has been no change from last year's wish list. Needs a paint more then ever now but I don't see that happening any time soon. I do need to get it tuned also. It's been a couple of years now and it isn't running as well as it once did.

Ira

As I've noted in the recent past, my goals are to run, with a rollbar, 11.0's on motor and low 10's with a 100 shot of nitrous.

My new planned mods will probably cost me at least 5k..............:eek::eek:

See your one of these secret guys:rolleyes: Spill the beans

Ken

Take a stocker to the point that it needs QH and tune.

Beefed up bottom end.

Fabricate the new intake manifold and CA plenum.

Route the 95's and 4" CAI.

Remote the thermastat and sort out coolers and plumbing.

Pray I don't need a ladder to service blower.

All in my dreams but it looks good on paper.

Paul

I think I'll shoot for a 12.9 1/4mi :)

might up the OD to 15% (from 10%) and check the ACT's.

That and tweaking the tune on the QH.

I just want a 350HP SC, I'm right around 300 right now. Maybe get a QH and learn how to tune once I get my heads back on.

Last edited:
A dog slow 12.3's with my current setup, and work at having one of the best looking SC's around... all of this and keep the car stock looking as possible, and still have all the factory features including air, and still get high 20's for mileage...

not far from that goal now actually :).

Also, to write my own calibration for the EEC IV that incorporates the best features from the stock SC ones from GURE to CZAW0 and uses Wide Band O2's instead of the narrow bands.... just for the heck of it. I'm also thinking of writing up def files for the other Tbirds/Cougars from 89 to 97 so they can use the QH as well.

Fraser

Back