One of my goals for '11

BLOWN38

SCCoA Member
So give me your thoughts good or bad. I like the back wheels but they hang out further than I like. And I need to cut a pair of stock springs for the front so there's less gap. I would like to polish the lips too, but I may just run a strip of shiney tape around it cause thats easier. 17x4 front with M&H 26x4.5 tires, 16x10 rear with MT ET STEET 28x11.5
DSC09342.jpg

DSC09328.jpg

DSC09343.jpg

DSC09333.jpg

Ooo Shiney!
DSC09338.jpg

DSC09330.jpg

Last edited:
Chris, I like the stagger look of 10" & 4" rims but personally I'm not a fan of a black wheel with chrome rivets. All black would look better to me but my opinion is rather biased...........:rolleyes:

The wheels are CCW Classics. Just looked at their web site looks like the rears are 3 piece so if I want them to tuck some more I could get a thinner outer ring.:cool:

Yes the headlights where taken apart and painted from the inside the corners are painted from the outside.

The wheels are CCW Classics. Just looked at their web site looks like the rears are 3 piece so if I want them to tuck some more I could get a thinner outer ring.:cool:

Yes the headlights where taken apart and painted from the inside the corners are painted from the outside.

What kind of paint did you use?

Ok, I wanna hear the story on how you got those. I assume T-bird bolt circle?

I didn't do it myself. They were like that when I got em. I would get the Krylon Fusion(I think) for plastic. They need to be redone on mine they are kinda fading.

Here's a pic with polished lip. Looks sick!

CCW5.jpg

CCW6.jpg

Last edited:
Neibert, if you find these for me in 18x9 with 36mm offset ill give you a great deal on my cobra r's. Local vette guy has them on his zo6, polished lip, looks mean as hell.

Ok, I wanna hear the story on how you got those. I assume T-bird bolt circle?

Mustang board. Guys been tryin to sell em since July. 3 people were interested so I sent the guy a PM if the other buyers fall thru give me a shout. like a week or two later he PM'ed me. So I met him last night and picked em up. Pretty good deal few hundred off the wheels new and the tires for free.

I been lookin for a good deal on a matching set for awhile, people jerkin me around and was gettin ready to just get the holeshots but that was gonna be like 2500 with tires, way more than I wanted to spend.

Then I was gonna get a set of centerline telstars that they have on sale, but never got around to calling centerline then this guy got back to me.

They are stang pattern. I really need to screw the beads but man I don't want to drill em.:(

Mustang board. Guys been tryin to sell em since July. 3 people were interested so I sent the guy a PM if the other buyers fall thru give me a shout. like a week or two later he PM'ed me. So I met him last night and picked em up. Pretty good deal few hundred off the wheels new and the tires for free.

I been lookin for a good deal on a matching set for awhile, people jerkin me around and was gettin ready to just get the holeshots but that was gonna be like 2500 with tires, way more than I wanted to spend.

Then I was gonna get a set of centerline telstars that they have on sale, but never got around to calling centerline then this guy got back to me.

They are stang pattern. I really need to screw the beads but man I don't want to drill em.:(

Knew there was a story to go with them. :D Spend the coin and get the outer barrel's polished. Maybe you could just order new polished barrels for the rear and have them down to 9.0". The 28 x 11.50's will fit a 9 real nice. Heck, it might not be too expensive just to order a new barrel for the fronts too....

IMO... the rear offset is PERFECT!
I like it when the tire sits right there at the lip, fills the well out perfect.
Might have to roll the fender lip but THAT is perfect on the rear!

Could go with a LITTLE bit bigger tire to fill the well a touch more?
Or does it squat enough that these are JUST SHY of rubbing and anything bigger would hit?

IMO... the rear offset is PERFECT!
I like it when the tire sits right there at the lip, fills the well out perfect.
Might have to roll the fender lip but THAT is perfect on the rear!

Could go with a LITTLE bit bigger tire to fill the well a touch more?
Or does it squat enough that these are JUST SHY of rubbing and anything bigger would hit?

Quarters are already rolled. I need to put a wheel on the passenger side, as the subframes tend to be offset that way for some reason, then put some people in the trunk to see if and how bad it rubs. I like how the rear looks as is too, but just worry about the rub.

Knew there was a story to go with them. Spend the coin and get the outer barrel's polished. Maybe you could just order new polished barrels for the rear and have them down to 9.0". The 28 x 11.50's will fit a 9 real nice. Heck, it might not be too expensive just to order a new barrel for the fronts too....

Yeah I think I'll call them and see how much it would be. Unfortunatly the front is gonna take some elbow grease as they are one piece.:(

Neibert, if you find these for me in 18x9 with 36mm offset ill give you a great deal on my cobra r's. Local vette guy has them on his zo6, polished lip, looks mean as hell.

Corey,

Seriously doubt they are made with a 5 x 4.25 bolt pattern. Let me know what you consider a great deal, because I'm getting real close to needing new rear tires again.

David

Chris,

The wheels look great, but I agree that they would look a lot better with the polished lip. I don't think you are going to have any problem with rear tire rub.

David

I am doing the same thing for fitment on my Torino right now.
I have a 15x10 with 5" backspace on there right now and it clears everything without problems.

DSCN1933.JPG

This pick is with a 3-3.5" backspace and it rubs BAD on big bumps!
and with it sticking out... NOT the look I want.
DSCN1900.JPG

Your rims and tires are EXACTLY the fit I like to see!!!

Polish the lips and it will set the wheels off nicely!!!

Back