No ride control? 95 5 speed

Shaguar

So for some reason my 95 5 speed doesn't have a ride control switch. It never really occurred to me until I was looking looking at some pictures of another 95.

Mine has something for coins where the switch should be. I looked underneath the console and there's some connections for what i'm guessing would be the switch.

Is there a reason why it wouldn't have the switch?
If I bought another switch and plugged it in would it work like it should?

Thanks

Odds are a previous owner just removed it. I've done the exact same thing. I would a new switch would work just fine unless the wiring is gone, too.

Might want to make sure it still has adjustable shocks and actuators on each shock. Many people replaced the adjustable shocks with normal ones because they were much cheaper.

No Ride Control on '95 SC

The '95 Super Coupe with manual 5-speed did not have the Ride control installed from the factory. That feature was only installed on the Automatic transmission SC's.

The '95 Super Coupe with manual 5-speed did not have the Ride control installed from the factory. That feature was only installed on the Automatic transmission SC's.

I've never heard that before... sure you're not thinking of traction control?

My Mistake

You are correct, I confused ride control with traction control.

All responses by others are correct, I am incorrect.

Check to see if you have solenoids on the top of each of the shock absorbers, then the missing switch would be able to be functional when added.

Back