speedo needle

Ringosc

Hey everyboddy

If any one out their can help me i would greatly appreciate it. Im working on my '92 speedo, and something went wrong on trying to pull my speedomiter out. Well actully the needle fell off. I pulled my speedo out to see why and found out that my needle is mising teeth for it to catch. Need to know if their is just a needle to buy or is thier another way.

Unfortunately unless someone has a cluster they are parting out you need an entire cluster. I got a call about this the other day, I have a ranger here I am measuring to see if it is the same.
Alan

speedo quik question

a quik question, if the speedo is removed from the cluster & you swap it with another one & you want to set the odometer to be the original reading, can it be done w/ a toothpick & rotating the dials? or are the number dials locked from rotating? thx for your help

Changing the speedo reading is not difficult to do. Here's a pic of my speedo that goes in when the new engine goes in. ( The white gauge faces are still in their package.)

Sean

Attachments

• Speedo.jpg
    Speedo.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 46
a quik question, if the speedo is removed from the cluster & you swap it with another one & you want to set the odometer to be the original reading, can it be done w/ a toothpick & rotating the dials? or are the number dials locked from rotating? thx for your help

Toothpick wont work, you will need to take it apart a bit and pull some pins to physically move the odometer. There should be an article on these forums if you do a search for rebuilding the odometer.

- Dan

re speedometer

i have 2 units with low miles on them i think one is 42,xxx and the other one is 63,xxx if interested let me know they are from a 91 & 93 sc's .... i have this stored in my collection...;)

after destroying 1 speedo i figured it out. its not hard just requires steady hands. and about a 6 pack.

Back