PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Hangover Nationals

Roadhawg
12-29-2010, 12:47 PM
Hmmm ...... start the New Years the right way?

http://www.richmonddragway.com/ver9/?p=2477

frdlvr30
12-29-2010, 07:38 PM
Well it sounds right to me. Not sure how safe that is though!!!

Roadhawg
12-29-2010, 08:40 PM
Well it sounds right to me. Not sure how safe that is though!!!

I'm thinking about going.
The crazy part is I should not be distracted by this and tear my car down for upgrades.

nickleman60
12-30-2010, 07:13 PM
I just don't care to run the 1/8 mile, it's just doesn't get me excited. I'll stick to the 1/4 mile runs down the track.

Roadhawg
12-30-2010, 10:36 PM
I just don't care to run the 1/8 mile, it's just doesn't get me excited. I'll stick to the 1/4 mile runs down the track.

Darn ...... too good to come out and play, since it is only a teeny weenie 1/8 mile event.
Just show them and run the full 1/4 mile..........................

nickleman60
12-30-2010, 11:33 PM
I'm just hoping to be able to get my trailer out of my side yard before Sunday because I have plans to look at a car that's out of town.

frdlvr30
12-31-2010, 01:16 PM
I'm just hoping to be able to get my trailer out of my side yard before Sunday because I have plans to look at a car that's out of town.

What chu talkin bout Willis?

nickleman60
12-31-2010, 03:47 PM
What chu talkin bout Willis?

Just a daily driver.

frdlvr30
12-31-2010, 06:01 PM
Just a daily driver.

I was wondering how long you would be before you bought something else. Daily driving a big Diesel gets expensive! Good luck....If you need a 4x4 to get the trailer out of the yard....let me know....

nickleman60
12-31-2010, 06:24 PM
I was wondering how long you would be before you bought something else. Daily driving a big Diesel gets expensive! Good luck....If you need a 4x4 to get the trailer out of the yard....let me know....

I got it out this morning, shoveled all the snow out of the way yesterday and hooked it up this morning while the ground was semi frozen. I left a little bit of ruts but they can be fixed. Since I sold the Opal Frost SC I only have the truck for daily transportation in the cold,wet months. The motorcycle's in hibernation until spring or warm weather.

mcate
12-31-2010, 07:35 PM
Has all that snow melted yet? Ours is gone. It all melted yesterday. It's friggin 60 right now!

nickleman60
12-31-2010, 09:13 PM
Has all that snow melted yet? Ours is gone. It all melted yesterday. It's friggin 60 right now!

No, it's still here but it's melting away. My yard still has probably 5" still on the ground. It did hit 50 today............:rolleyes:

frdlvr30
12-31-2010, 09:34 PM
Im betting he he looking at a Mark VIII....

nickleman60
01-01-2011, 09:04 AM
Im betting he he looking at a Mark VIII....

I've been looking for one awhile but haven't been able to find one I like for a price I like. Plus only looking at the 97/98 models narrowed the field tremendously. I wanted a LSC model but I haven't been able to locate one for the right price so I'm going to look at a base model that looks really nice in the pictures and according to the owner, who I've had many conversations with, looks and runs excellent. I guess I'll find out tomorrow if that's true.

frdlvr30
01-01-2011, 01:18 PM
I've been looking for one awhile but haven't been able to find one I like for a price I like. Plus only looking at the 97/98 models narrowed the field tremendously. I wanted a LSC model but I haven't been able to locate one for the right price so I'm going to look at a base model that looks really nice in the pictures and according to the owner, who I've had many conversations with, looks and runs excellent. I guess I'll find out tomorrow if that's true.

The older ones are more reliable. The 97/98 LSC are a nicer but have many more things to go wrong woth them. For one being the nightmare to work on telescoping steering column that are prone to problems. The Hp difference is minimal from the base to LSC anyway...they are all "B" headed engines. The biggest thing Keith is to look at the front and rear Air springs for dry rotting. Replacing them on all four corners along with the compressor, dryer, and hieghts sensors can cost 3-4k.

nickleman60
01-01-2011, 02:28 PM
The older ones are more reliable. The 97/98 LSC are a nicer but have many more things to go wrong woth them. For one being the nightmare to work on telescoping steering column that are prone to problems. The Hp difference is minimal from the base to LSC anyway...they are all "B" headed engines. The biggest thing Keith is to look at the front and rear Air springs for dry rotting. Replacing them on all four corners along with the compressor, dryer, and hieghts sensors can cost 3-4k.

I'm not concerned with hp numbers because it's staying completely stock, this is going to be a comfortable, plush daily ride, that's it. If the air suspension ever failed to the point of having to replace everything you mentioned, I would just convert it to springs, you can buy the kits for $500 or so. This isn't going to be a car that I'm going to invest/dump money into, I have the Supercoupe to do that to........;)

Roadhawg
01-02-2011, 09:59 AM
Well, I did go to the 2011 Hangover Nationals. I drove the Mustang to Richmond and back. The track ran a 1/8mile finish line for this race. My two qualifying passes I ran a 7.51@93.9mph and a 7.53@93.5mph. I lost in the 2nd round by .025 of a second. My daughter took her Mustang and she was knocked out in the 2nd round also. It was a fun time and I wanted to start the New Year right.

nickleman60
01-02-2011, 07:00 PM
Well, I did go to the 2011 Hangover Nationals. I drove the Mustang to Richmond and back. The track ran a 1/8mile finish line for this race. My two qualifying passes I ran a 7.51@93.9mph and a 7.53@93.5mph. I lost in the 2nd round by .025 of a second. My daughter took her Mustang and she was knocked out in the 2nd round also. It was a fun time and I wanted to start the New Year right.

Was the track not prepped or what? Those times seem pretty high for you, especially lately. What were you 60' times?

Roadhawg
01-02-2011, 07:27 PM
Was the track not prepped or what? Those times seem pretty high for you, especially lately. What were you 60' times?

My 60ft times where around 1.69, I do not blame it on track prep. It seemed I had a slight hesitation coming off the line.