is there a way to adjust the "kickdown"cable

hangman

or does this car even have one? the car shifts inito third by the time i'm doing 20 mph under normal acceleration. is there anyway to adjust this?

or does this car even have one? the car shifts inito third by the time i'm doing 20 mph under normal acceleration. is there anyway to adjust this?

Yes, the TV cable is on the throttle body next to the throttle cable. Sounds like you need to tighten it up. Search for how much to tighten, it's critical to the life of your transmission.

I have mine set as tight as possible, without restricting the throttle from going wide open. Been running it that way for about 6 years.

David

im not sure what the specs are but im sure they are on this forum somewhere. find out what the hyd pressure points for each shift should be and temporarily install a pressure gauge to the pressure side line. then adjust the cable until the prescribed pressure is obtained.

note that depending on what king of fluid your using the psi will decrease by 2-5 psi once full operating temp has been reached. this is just an average not a for sure that your system will be right in that range. again with the pressure gauge installed on you hyd line you will be able to see how much your system will vary.

btw: this is assuming its an aod, i dont know if the 94-95 transmissions are the same. i havent dealt with any of them yet.

Last edited:
release the stop and pull the blade wot, yank it tight and lock it, then get out a blade knife or razor and make a mark at the block, measure 3/8" back and make another mark, thats you max and min marks, put the block dead center of it and lock it... done

How so I Had mine as tight as it goes and when I was doing some work around the TB it was lossened a little now I get a harsh 1-2 shift. when the cable is all the way tight how does the tranny shift? you wont burn up the tranny like everyone says.

Back