Boost issues, Bucking

Cheeze

Hey Guys I am new to this world. (I know you guys are thinking. Why do the newbies always start out like this?) Sorry. I recently aquired a 93 SC 5spd. It already had a little work done to it before I got it so bear with me. It has had the engine completly refreshened about 15,000 miles ago. The heads have been milled about .010" with ARP head studs. I believe bored .030" over, ported supercharger, ported 95' exhaust manifolds, Borla resonator, no cats 3" mandrel pipes, 10% blower pulley, Front Mounted Intercooler. I also replace the tensioner springs as well. My problems have started just recently. If I take off from a stop pretty hard, The car bucks about halfway through first gear and lately I am having a hard time building up more that 7 or 8 psi of boost. As far as I know I am not having any intake plumbing leaks and I am not loosing the tach either. It does have the walbro 255lph pump in it as well. Sorry for the lengthy post, I just figured that if I were to ask you guys for help, I should give you as much info as I could.

Thanks in advance
Chas

Last edited:
It takes engine load to make boost, and if the car is misfiring etc, its not going to be making full power so therefore not going to create enough of a load to get the boost up.

Fraser

I agree, since I just had a similar issue a few months ago with my '93. change the plugs and update us...

Will do. Give me some time to do this. I am also in the middle of a head gasket job on a 4.0 ranger. So the bird is on the back burner for now. thanks for the input, sometimes it just takes another set of eyes or ears from the outside looking in.

Last edited:
Will do. Give me some time to do this. I am also in the middle of a head gasket job on a 4.0 ranger. So the bird is on the back burner for now. thanks for the input, sometimes it just takes another set of eyes or ears from the outside looking in.

Plug wires should also be changed.

David

I recommend changing the plug wires also. Had the same issue with my 95 a year or so back and it was the spark plug wires.

Back