PDA

View Full Version : eddyville, ia

brianstang
01-04-2011, 12:04 AM
anyone ever race at eddyville raceway in eddyville/oskoloosa? or any live near centerville, iowa

kylecoz88
01-04-2011, 06:35 PM
I have never been there, although I have driven by Eddyville a couple of times. I live in Milo, just south of Indianola.

Kyle

90blkbrd
01-05-2011, 01:56 PM
anyone ever race at eddyville raceway in eddyville/oskoloosa? or any live near centerville, iowa

I've been down that track a few times. (literally)

It's only a 1/8th mile. So I usually go to Tri-State to race the 1/4 mile.

supercharged95
01-05-2011, 04:14 PM
I've never been there myself but maybe Mike can verify rumors I've heard that the track conditions are pretty poor (lighting, gravel return lanes, etc).

brianstang
01-05-2011, 04:15 PM
id like to run 1/4 mile but its over 2hrs away. ive raced other cars here lots of times but just got my sc a couple months ago, just couris what did ur sc run?

supercharged95
01-05-2011, 04:15 PM
I have never been there, although I have driven by Eddyville a couple of times. I live in Milo, just south of Indianola.

Kyle

saw the semi-resto job you did on your bird a year or so ago and looks nice!

hopefully you have a winter vehicle to keep that bird lookin top notch:cool:

90blkbrd
01-05-2011, 04:22 PM
id like to run 1/4 mile but its over 2hrs away. ive raced other cars here lots of times but just got my sc a couple months ago, just couris what did ur sc run?

I drove a buddies Grand Prix V8 at Eddyville..twice. Track conditions are ok for that vehicle.

My SC hasn't done so well at the track. :rolleyes:

But has managed a 13.3 at 108 with the old blower and street tires. Never made it to the track with the AR and slicks.

kylecoz88
01-05-2011, 04:44 PM
saw the semi-resto job you did on your bird a year or so ago and looks nice!

hopefully you have a winter vehicle to keep that bird lookin top notch

Thanks! And yes I have winter vehicles (97 f250, 02 taurus) to get by in the snow. Only a couple more months untill she will be coming out for the year.

Anyone want to help install my new B&M? I found out that one of the four bolts that holt in into the trans is snapped off in the transmission. Do I drill and tap???

Kyle

brianstang
01-05-2011, 04:45 PM
I drove a buddies Grand Prix V8 at Eddyville..twice. Track conditions are ok for that vehicle.

My SC hasn't done so well at the track. :rolleyes:

But has managed a 13.3 at 108 with the old blower and street tires. Never made it to the track with the AR and slicks.

yeah my sc is a 1 tire fryer most of the time so im sure my time will suck when i take it, same with my mark 8, it just spin 1 tire. my best time was a 9.8. one the track was perfect {prolly from all the slicks runing that night} when i had my turbo coupe. i could dump the clutch at redline a not spin a tire on 22psi. of couarse it burnt a whole in the piston a week later for running too much boost.i did geta 9.4 outof it. it was stock with no intercooler. lol

supercharged95
01-06-2011, 12:21 PM
Anyone want to help install my new B&M? I found out that one of the four bolts that holt in into the trans is snapped off in the transmission. Do I drill and tap???

Kyle

Yep, that's going to be your best bet.
Make sure when you're tapping that new thread everything is level... and use protection :D

BirdofPrey97
01-07-2011, 11:53 AM
Living in Elkhart right now until we get our house sold in IL. If anyone wants to get together let me know. I have plenty of free time during the week since the wife and kid are still in IL.

supercharged95
01-07-2011, 05:14 PM
How long are you in Elkhart for? I'd be up for a gathering in DM/Ankeny if we could all get together.

kylecoz88
01-08-2011, 07:10 PM
I'd be down for getting together. looks like I have to subscribe to this thread now.

forcfed93
01-10-2011, 12:26 AM
Ive not been to Eddyville in yrs ... I have heard from others that they have done a lot to clean it up in recent yrs.

I prefer 1/4 mile also.

BirdofPrey97
01-19-2011, 01:39 PM
Guys, I am available any night Sun-Thur. Head home around 1 on Friday and get back into town around 6 or 7 on sunday evenings. How long will I be in Elkhart? Until the house in IL is gone.

kylecoz88
03-11-2011, 10:09 AM
Anyone care to help install the B&M/ get together this weekend? I have a leak in my RF tire, so I cant really drive anywhere. You guys can see the metro of Milo :cool:

Kyle