modified mark VIII MAF

oSCar3.8

I have a mark VIII MAF that I modified to use with the tbird style cold air kits. As you can see in the picture I rounded off the edges that had the bolt housing so that a silicone coupling could be used. Also the inner, upright peice has been cut off to allow more air flow (matches the C&L style). I had this on my car with no leaks until I realized it was making my car run rich. This will require tuning to be used properly. Open to offers.

Attachments

• sc parts 040.jpg
    sc parts 040.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 103
I had this on my car with no leaks until I realized it was making my car run rich. This will require tuning to be used properly. Open to offers.

you cant tune to fix it, you have changed the ratio of the maf to the sampling tube. you have made the maf useless.

you cant tune to fix it, you have changed the ratio of the maf to the sampling tube. you have made the maf useless.

Thanks for the correction. Ive heard of other guys using mark VIII MAF after tuning their cars for it and assumed that this works.

If anyone else has any input on this, feel free to share.

It's not junk, but it will require tuning to work right, as he said. I suggest putting the little cover on the back of the tube because without it, range will be reduced and is probably contributing to your rich condition.

It's not junk, but it will require tuning to work right, as he said. I suggest putting the little cover on the back of the tube because without it, range will be reduced and is probably contributing to your rich condition.

i stand corrected.

Thanks for input! I will include the little cover on the back of the tube if anyone is interested.

you can pretty much make any setup work as long as their isn't a physical handicap, i've tuned many vehicles with similar setups, not a problem

if your going to go the hassle of all that, you may want to consider just drilling a hole in your inlet pipe and dropping the stock maf sensor in there

Back