Supercharger Fluid

I purchased mine on ebay along with the snout seal and snap ring. Just run a search for eaton snout seal and you should find it.

~Ray

Hey guys, what kind of oil dose our SC take? I'm switching everything over to Amsoil. Thanks

i use something like 0-w0 synthetic oil in mine.. no probs at 20% od on a late model blower.. also did the same with my stock early model blower as well. tho when you pull the plug you might get sprayed with oil:eek::rolleyes:.. i did the last time i removed the plug.

tho your not suppose to you motor oil in it. owell i guess :eek::rolleyes::cool:

Hey guys, what kind of oil dose our SC take? I'm switching everything over to Amsoil. Thanks

Why are you switching to Amsoil? you can get the super charger oil from almost any GM dealer for about $10.00 or so per 4oz bottle and it takes 2 for a complete drain and refill ( although the Ford and GM oil smells rancid )
The Ford and GM oil is the exact same it's just that Ford is more proud of theirs at over twice as much per bottle than GM charges (GM P/N: 12345982
) and I also found a National snout seal from my local Oreilly's Auto Parts store for $8.00 and it has performed very well for almost 3 Month's now.
I don't remember the part number but can get it for you if you want it.

Bill

Why are you switching to Amsoil? you can get the super charger oil from almost any GM dealer for about $10.00 or so per 4oz bottle and it takes 2 for a complete drain and refill ( although the Ford and GM oil smells rancid )
The Ford and GM oil is the exact same it's just that Ford is more proud of theirs at over twice as much per bottle than GM charges (GM P/N: 12345982
) and I also found a National snout seal from my local Oreilly's Auto Parts store for $8.00 and it has performed very well for almost 3 Month's now.
I don't remember the part number but can get it for you if you want it.

Bill

They are not the same... Ford's is actually a synthetic oil, GM's isn't.

Fraser

They are not the same... Ford's is actually a synthetic oil, GM's isn't.

Fraser

Fraser,
Ford maybe senthetic and GM not but both oils are used in the same supercharger and my buddy who has been a GM tech several years hasn't seen any of these superchargers fail because of the oil so why spend the rediculas price that Ford wants for their oil. I am kind of surprised that Ford and GM aren't the same because I called a company rep from Royal Purple to see if they had something that would work and he said that they didn't at this time but called me back and told me that the manufacture of the supercharges told him either Ford or GM could be used because they were the same stuff.
Just goes to show you that not everything you hear is correct I guess.
I can say that the GM oil I put into my unit is working great.
Bill :confused:

Just changed out the SCer oil with GM #12345982 10.89 @ 4oz . FORD was 20 something each :eek:
scoil001.jpg

Fraser,
Ford maybe senthetic and GM not but both oils are used in the same supercharger and my buddy who has been a GM tech several years hasn't seen any of these superchargers fail because of the oil so why spend the rediculas price that Ford wants for their oil. I am kind of surprised that Ford and GM aren't the same because I called a company rep from Royal Purple to see if they had something that would work and he said that they didn't at this time but called me back and told me that the manufacture of the supercharges told him either Ford or GM could be used because they were the same stuff.
Just goes to show you that not everything you hear is correct I guess.
I can say that the GM oil I put into my unit is working great.
Bill :confused:

I was just stating that they are not the same, I wasn't saying anything about the price. I use the AC Delco oil in mine because I usually change the oil at least once a year. The Ford stuff is better if you are too lazy to change the oil and want to run 100k miles.

Whatever :cool:

Fraser

BP 2380 Turbine Oil is what I use.
I was considering using this in my Super Charger. Did you drain the other out before you added this? And, does it smell like crap like the other? Checked on a few sites and it seems to run about $14.00 a quart and is synthetic. Have you had any issues since you put this in? And have you used it on anything but the Super Charger? Lots of questions I know.

changed mine over the weekend with the GM Supercharger oil....Pulled out probably 3.5-4oz of black smelly crap. Put in both bottles....Supercharger seems happy.

Right before I had my supercharger rebuilt I took it apart. Didn't put my nose to it and I "heard" it smelled bad but wasn't sure the smell. After I drained the old out I still didn't smell it because the breeze was blowing the opposite way through my garage. I walked out in my backyard to get something and came back and got a good nose full of that smell. From where I was at it smelled like I might had stepped in some cat crap and went through the process of looking at the bottom of my shoes and saw nothing. I pulled both shoes off and smelled the bottom after seeing, well, nothing. No smell. Went to my wife and asked her to check her shoes to and nothing there either. Checked my clothes and hers and still nothing. She came out in the garage and just about turned green from the smell. We looked around the garage for about 20 minutes sniffing around. She went by the oil pan that I drained this stuff out into and pinpointed the smell. My GOD!!! I took the whole thing pan and supercharger and ran it out into the back yard. It never made it back into the garage......

Back