'95 Door Panel Removal

HoseHead

It's time to install some audio in my '95.
We're going with Boston Acoustics 6.53 components in the doors.

I've taken early model door panels off a million times but never a '95.
I pop out the insert and remove the one screw/ground inside.

Do I just pull the panel off from the bottom and lift off the top edge once the panel is free - like the early style? Are there any other screws I don't see?

Please advise.

Bruce

Bruce,
Not sure on the door panel but I am curious what your other audio plans are for the car? I know you " know " audio so I'm sure you will be putting something real nice together. Can't go wrong with BA's.
Planning one for my 90 right now, nothing major just nicely put together.

Drew

I'll have already made mounting templates for the factory 5X7 cavities.

I'll try the 6.5" LF Midwoofs in the front doors, the 4" MidRange drivers in the rear panels and the tweets placed up high somewhere in the front. I don't permanently mount tweeters until they are tested in different locations within the cabin. I plan to drive these components with a bridged Phoenix Gold M44 for about 160 watts per side. Qty 3 BA 10LF subs in a sealed enclosure driven by a bridged Phoenix Gold M100, about 450 watts. These are conservative power estimates as PG under rated their amps. I chose these amplifiers because they are period pieces from the '95 era.

On paper, the final HU will be Alpine and processors will be Audio Control. To start, I will use the factory HU and just route power distribution to the rear of the SC and install the speakers.

I'll photo document the build as it progresses.

Bruce

Attachments

• Resize of BA 6.53x Hardware.JPG
    Resize of BA 6.53x Hardware.JPG
    51.6 KB · Views: 92
  • 2c7e4472_447.jpg
    2c7e4472_447.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 101
That's gonna be real nice, love the choice of amps too. Would love to hear it one day. Is that the box I gave you?

Drew

That's gonna be real nice, love the choice of amps too. Would love to hear it one day. Is that the box I gave you?

Drew

No Drew, that box is still on the shelf. It's massive.....

Spring time tunes. Definitely will stop by when rolling through this year.

Bruce

Back