Switching to 9007 style bulbs?

275hptbirdsc

Im currently changing my front end to 97 style and I need to know how to switch over from the 9005 9006 style bulbs(correct me if im wrong) on a 92 tbird to the 9007 bulbs. Is there some sort of write up on how to do it? Thanks for the help.

its easy if you have the pigtails of the 9007 bulbs you will see three wires per side. One is a high beam positive, one is a low beam positive and your black for ground. The car if an early car will have a total of four wires per side, when you clip the connector. One positive High beam with black ground and a positive low beam with a Ground. Grounds are black.

Now put the high beam lead with the highbeam wire from the pigtail and the low beam with the low beam. the two negaive black wires will go with the one black from the pigtail.

You can plug the connector to a 9007 bulb and bench test wich wire is the high beam and the low beam. Black is usually ground :D

Last edited:
If you are increasing amperage load I highly suggest a $7 relay and direct battery connection. I learned how weak our headlight circuits are on my car by sticking a set of silverstar bulbs from a car I parted out in it. They run for a little while until you are driving in the dark.
Alan

If you are increasing amperage load I highly suggest a $7 relay and direct battery connection. I learned how weak our headlight circuits are on my car by sticking a set of silverstar bulbs from a car I parted out in it. They run for a little while until you are driving in the dark.
Alan

ill 2nd that. the headlamp switch over heats. it cant deal with any real load. radio shack has a 40amp relay that works real good for headlights. use the stock headlight wires for the activation and run the relay from the batt. make sure to use a fuse/circuit breaker for the power lead to the relay. closer to the batt is best.

Back