help quick please!! bleeding clutch

RedSC

we are about to finish my 5 speed conversion, but we can't get the clutch system to take fluid.

with the filler cap off, it wouldn't take any.. bubbled a little, but no noticeable drop.

with the cap on, and rubber peice in, it is taking it very slowly. like 30 pumps for a couple of centimeters down in the filler.

is there something we are forgetting?

the clutch pedal seems pretty limp, after pumping it forever it seems a little stiff at the bottom, but not much at all.

thanks for any help.

open the bleeder and keep pushing and pulling the pedal, on some cars it can take upto a 100:eek: pumps. Then push the pedal to the floor, open the bleeder, close the bleeder and then release the pedal, push the pedal to the floor, open... do that maybe about 20 times, remember to top the fluid up every two pumps, if that doesnt work I dont know what will.

REMEMBER to keep the reservoir full, or you'll have to start over:D

Leave the cap off when bleeding

thanks,

actually, just after I posted it started taking more and after about 1/2 hour of bleeding it, it started to feel like a clutch.

everything went well after that...we had to bypass the nuetral safety switch, but it didn't take long.

that centerforce dual friction really grabs hard. I can't wait till the 400 mile break in is done so I can floor it.

yeah, I was banned from the SCLXCoWC. I think it was because I asked who made the S&S flyer.... go figure.

sheeyat, I should have just emailed you...

Back