Blackout Taillights - With Pictures

bkosonen

So I have not see any threads about people doing VHT Night Shades, So I will take some pictures of mine. I'm in the middle of doing them right now.

Pictures to come..................:D

I have my black 90 sc rear blacket out and when the car is clean looks great. Downside is at night the cops will pull you over saying your tail light are out. I get both day and night but when they get up close and ask to step on the pedal they says oh its working fine.

I have Blacked out Lights on my other car. They don't bother me...... And if you change your bulbs to LED's they are just as bright as factory....

This is Before Clear coat

Attachments

• CIMG1973.jpg
    CIMG1973.jpg
    230.7 KB · Views: 169
  • CIMG1972.jpg
    CIMG1972.jpg
    374.6 KB · Views: 136
  • CIMG1975.jpg
    CIMG1975.jpg
    218.6 KB · Views: 145
re

I used this on my vette VHT is the bomb pretty hard to screw it up.

Picture545.jpg

Nice Vette. I just put on the last of the clear now I will let it set up over night. They look good. Did you use any sandpaper or what did you use to make it smoother ?

Nice Vette. I just put on the last of the clear now I will let it set up over night. They look good. Did you use any sandpaper or what did you use to make it smoother ?

Thanks, I just clean the surface with alcohol really good very lightly take a fine 3M pad and just scuff the surface, I used the alcohol to wet sand it with the 3M pad, Then 3 light coats 1/2 hr between coats. The next day you can hand buff them out with a wax I used color x it has alittle bit of abrasive in it. The buffing really made them look great. Just don't press to hard when buffing.

Last edited:
Ok cool. Thanks . I'm trying to think if I want to do the corners or do just the part were the yellow is.............

Diy

I had done this with my white 91 Capri, though not using the VHT. Being a painter by trade, I just mixed my own tint at work and sprayed them. Looked pretty awesome. When I get some time, I intend to do it on my black XR7

I had the bodyshop do mine its just clear with a little black in it and it holds up better then the VHT. mine arent black but look really dark red

Attachments

• tails.jpg
    tails.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 161
I have mine tinted on my white bird, they look pretty good. I didnt put alot of coats on them so people can see my in the daytime. Ill post some pictures of them later

Red car so no need for the dark tinted tail lights here.

But they do look cool on the other colored cars.

Heres some pictures I still need to buff on them some. But I like it.

Attachments

• CIMG1977.jpg
    CIMG1977.jpg
    408.1 KB · Views: 115
  • CIMG1978.jpg
    CIMG1978.jpg
    421.3 KB · Views: 99
I never new I got rear ended ? Hummm crazy. I have this done on 3 of my cars. And no problems. :) but thanks for the comment

as long as yall like getting rearended, keep at it!

these ricer wanna be idiots will learn one day, err well their families will at their funeral.

some day i will have a beater truck with a cowcatcher on it and just cruise into the back end of one of these idiots. oops, sorry officer, i didnt see their brake lights.

500 feet, cant see em = illegal.

Back