idle issue

kneedragger25

So I posted this in the performance section with no response so ill try here. I got a 90 sc with around 118k PLugs are newish and motorcraft DP and the wires are accel cut to fit. The issue is when Im at a stop for more than 5mins the idle will go to crap start jumping from 600 to 400 to 1k and all around and check engine light pops on once I move the car and get on the gas everything goes away, what could this be?? No vac leaks from what I know. end sometimes not all at a red light the idle will be fine other I will get a miss.

you said the check engine light comes on, did you check for codes? and did you use break cleaner to check for vac leaks( although i dont think thats your problem).

I tried both the old snap on brick and the new verus and both have no communication. I have not checked for vac leaks since putting the top and front back on. Im leaning towards a faulty sensor, I know the 02 sensors may be shot (118k on them). IAC is new and thats the most I know. any way I can do a manual scan and have the MIL light flash the code?

When my 02 sensor went bad it bucked when it idled and you could smell the excess fuel. My cel didn't come on intially but it eventually did. I pulled the codes and it was the 02 sensor detected a lean condition thus, it flooded that side. When my cel came on, the car idled better. It bypassed the 02 sensor. When the light was off, it was using the data from the 02 sensor and ran like crap. I'd pull the codes.

Back