New 3.7L V6 + Procharger =

That's pretty awesome. People on that page are saying it was crank HP for some reason. It makes complete sense that it's wheel HP. Once I saw that these things are rated at 300HP, I knew they would make impressive numbers forced inducted. It took me 12 PSI with a turbo to make 480. Mine wasn't a tuned 12 PSI, though.

I'm glad that Ford finally stepped their motor's up. They haven't created an NA motor that was really worth anything since the '60s-'70s. GM has had a 400HP base model NA V8 car for over ten straight years now. Lookin forward to a hardcore V6 guy getting their hands on one.

09haters.jpg

ProCharger 2010 champions

John Urist: NMRA SSO six times
Jason Lee: NMRA Drag Radial
Tim Matherly: NMRA Real Street four times
Noel Borg: OSCA EZ Street
Chris Evans: Ultimate Outlaws EZ Street
Tracey Shores: ORSCA EZ Street
Kevin Young: PSCA Wild Street

these guys would most certainly say that ProCharger is where its at!!

ProCharger 2010 champions

John Urist: NMRA SSO six times
Jason Lee: NMRA Drag Radial
Tim Matherly: NMRA Real Street four times
Noel Borg: OSCA EZ Street
Chris Evans: Ultimate Outlaws EZ Street
Tracey Shores: ORSCA EZ Street
Kevin Young: PSCA Wild Street

these guys would most certainly say that ProCharger is where its at!!

The fastest/quickest car at the 2010 Shootout was also running a ProCharger. That said, I still prefer a twin screw or a turbo on an SC.

David

The fastest/quickest car at the 2010 Shootout was also running a ProCharger. That said, I still prefer a twin screw or a turbo on an SC.

David

all im saying is ProCharger has a very good product. And they make great power. if i was going blower id be all about a procharger

I'm not say they are making power or easy to install but more is gained with a turbo or roots/screw. IMO if your going to do something do it right the first time. Let the Mustang guys do it half way. The curve is more important than peak.

Now Vic if lets say Whipple came to the guys you listed and wanted to be their sponsor instead of Procharger (loyalty aside), I believe they would drop the centrifugals.

But to each his own.

Now Vic if lets say Whipple came to the guys you listed and wanted to be their sponsor instead of Procharger (loyalty aside), I believe they would drop the centrifugals.

But to each his own.

the rules dictate what can and cant be used so it all depends on that.

now heres the question of the day. will all of this fit under our t-bird hoods. if so then its time for me to did some money up from somewhere and get 1. that is considering i can find the wires, pc, and a tuning system for it.

now heres the question of the day. will all of this fit under our t-bird hoods. if so then its time for me to did some money up from somewhere and get 1. that is considering i can find the wires, pc, and a tuning system for it.

I would think you could install diffrent style of blowers with some thought and skills on our cars. I would think that still, for the street, a twin screw would be hard to be with its wider power band and the procharger, like a turbo, would have the edge in the upper rpm range. Just my thoughts.

Ken

Why ? You can easily make the same power with the motor you already have. Just buy a used twin screw kit and your pretty much there.

If your going to all the trouble and expense of an engine swap, do something cool like the new 5.0 Coyote or twin turbo Ecoboost.

David

I'm not say they are making power or easy to install but more is gained with a turbo or roots/screw. IMO if your going to do something do it right the first time. Let the Mustang guys do it half way. The curve is more important than peak.

But to each his own.

If -you- would prefer the lower end grunt of a roots blower, that is called "opinion." Some people like the higher rpm power of a centrifugal.

If you think the guys killing it in the NMRA with a Procharger would do better with a Whipple, that is called "wrong."

In drag racing, horsepower always wins, and the same goes for most forms of racing. Nascar guys are happy when they can pick up 3 HP on an 850hp motor even if it costs them thousands of dollars.

So with that said, the blower that makes the most HP will be the ideal choice for a drag racer. It doesn't really matter what RPM it makes the most HP at, just that it makes more HP. If the combo is very peaky, then they work on the driveline and gearing to take proper advantage of that.

Of course rules play into any type of racing that has rules. :rolleyes: So you can't get around that one. In the case of a Whipple, they have not been properly developed in most cars or even for all out racing so it is hard to say exactly how much power one might make when fully optimized.

A company called PSI makes some big twin screw blowers for racing. The guy that does a lot of work on my turbo car (Dan Saitz at Hyperformance) recently changed combos in his GT500 full tube cassis drag car from a twin turbo small block ford to an 11 liter twin screw on a 500 plus CID hemi. Was a mid to low 6 second car, and now it's a 5 second car.

dsaitz3_t.jpg

mustang001.jpg

David

Back