PDA

View Full Version : going from a T-5 to a 4R70W

stangerbanger
01-19-2011, 10:36 AM
so, I have finally decided to get rid of the T-5 before i break another one and move on to a auto. it was just rebuilt in texas with over 1600 bucks in receipts, but the guy changed projects and had to sell it.

Todd, my dad, Jennifer and I went to a fellow's house out in Petersburg and i got everything i needed to do the swap including the tranny itself, pedal assembly, computer, wiring harness, driveshaft and yoke, shifter, and probably other stuff im forgetting.

the car is a 97 mustang with the late model blower, heads, cam 10% pully on about 14#'s and 50 shot of laughing gas, and 3.73 gears. I am having a hard time driving it down the track and dont want to break another T-5 so here we go.

ill get pics when my finger heals up and i can start really working on it

stangerbanger
03-21-2011, 03:54 PM
kind of an update. Todd was kind enough to lend me his garage while a buddy of ours helped build a 4r70W from a 98 v6 mustang. j modded and beefed up quite a bit. i have a converter for it and have swapped to 4.10 gears and more nitrous and were gonna see what she can do.

for a refence she did a 8.4 at hertford yesterday through a stick

nickleman60
03-21-2011, 05:33 PM
kind of an update. Todd was kind enough to lend me his garage while a buddy of ours helped build a 4r70W from a 98 v6 mustang. j modded and beefed up quite a bit. i have a converter for it and have swapped to 4.10 gears and more nitrous and were gonna see what she can do.

for a refence she did a 8.4 at hertford yesterday through a stick

Good deal, you'll only be faster and more consistant with your runs.

stangerbanger
03-22-2011, 09:21 AM
here is a vid from sunday

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-AQfQj6WZ8