I want to go lower!

bigpoppa822

Currently my car is sitting on 2" Jamex drop springs (and Tokico HPs), the largest drop out of the available springs for our cars I believe. I'm looking to take it down lower but don't really have many options. I hate the wheel gap these cars have, I have to run a 255/45/18 just to fill out the wheel wells. The problem is there aren't any options for getting the car any lower. I've seen some custom coilovers here but that's only for the front, and I'm not sure how streetable I could make a custom coilover on a daily driven car. Has anyone looked into coilover kits for the 99-04 Cobras to see if they could be modified to fit on our cars? Does anyone have other ideas besides converting to airbags?

Also I want to keep this away from messing with suspension geometry, handling, etc. I don't track my car, once in a while I'll bring it up to the strip for a street night but it sees 99% street duty.

You want to go lower then the springs you are running on that signature picture?

I thought there was a group buy for front QA1 coilovers a few years ago. Its an expensive proposition. But I know there are a few folks that do have adjustable front coilovers. Do a search. Im not sure what you can do about the back though.

I got some Supension tech spring that I ran on my car some time ago they were 1.5 drop but I cut a coil making them 2.5" drop. Ill trade you for the JAMEX. ;)

Bags might be a good option. Some mark Viii set up with custom lines and compressor.

Yeah Rico, lower than the sig pic and the pics on my garage page.

If I decided to bag it, would it still handle alright? I don't know much about airbags on performance cars. Is the Mark VIII stuff bolt in? Just buy the air struts and run lines, compressor and switches? I'm not sure how low I could get it to go, when hard parking I'd want it just about on the ground. My plan is low and mean with VERY aggressive fitment, I may be switching up my wheels soon.

And I don't want cut springs, I would have just taken a coil off the Jamex if I wanted to go that route :p

Rapper I bought them off a member on here about a year ago.

Back