stall conveter

ganuolfthegrey

what stall should i run ? i have 3:73 gears and a aod.
im looking for mid to high 12's with my new motor. Im thinking 2,500
it's my summer driver that see's mild track duty and autocross time in the summer. I like to drive it alot in the warm months. the heads are full ported bigger valves,comp cam and valve train. the trans has 8k mile's on it with heavy duty band's and clutches and that's it and a extra tranny cooler.

all tip's and comment's welcome.

If you want 12's you're going to need to be around 3000-3200 to get enough multiplication to get out of the hole. Fastest on the track and best on the street are not the same thing. What is the rpm range of the cam?
Alan

Build him something like the one you built me Alan. The new one is great on the street and I'm sure I'll still be in the 12's on the track.

i picked one up from a local shop.. sure its not near as good as something Alan builds but it works and was cheap..:rolleyes:

mine is a 2800 stall and from what i used of it i like it.. i only had street tires so i couldn't load it up. this year i have some nitto 555r tires:D

Definately no lower then a 2800, I'd go with 3000-3200 as Alan suggested. Also I would highly recommend a valvebody upgrade since the stock valvebody will/may hinder your performance quite a bit.

I'm running a 9.5" 3000 stall that Allen did for me, with a silverfox SPT-R stage 3 valve body, 3.73's and its great. I did keep the direct drive on it so I don't have any "slippage" so to speak in 3rd and OD and I don't have alot of heat to have to deal with, and still get good gas mileage..... this car is my DD all season long.

If you are considering doing alot of road coursing..... forget about the automatic... it ain't gonna live long putting up with that punishment. I go out 2 or 3 times a year and I've got stretches that I can get up over 100mph then have to come all the way down for a tight turn and the trans is working very hard during that time. 5spd is the way to go if you are serious there.

Fraser

For those who don't know, his car is a 94/95 SC so he has a 4R70W trans. I would run a 2800 stall along with J-Modding the trans. I have a J-Modded trans. in my black 94 SC and it seems to do pretty good down the track......1.5 60 fts. good.

no it's a 89 with a 96 trunk lid and 95 rear cover. i wanted my lighted tail back like my 96. the trunk came off my old bird. It already was set up for my cobra r wing.That's why chose to use it. But thanks for thinking that kinda funny at least you didn't call it a mustang.:D

no it's a 89 with a 96 trunk lid and 95 rear cover. i wanted my lighted tail back like my 96. the trunk came off my old bird. It already was set up for my cobra r wing.That's why chose to use it. But thanks for thinking that kinda funny at least you didn't call it a mustang.:D

OK. it makes sense now..............:eek:

Build him something like the one you built me Alan. The new one is great on the street and I'm sure I'll still be in the 12's on the track.
His setup is nothing like yours, I don't think a unit like that will do what he wants. Everything about the setup is different, except the gears. He needs what Fraser has.
Alan

well i run autocross a few times a year.I am the drag strip alot in the summer.
This year im going to do a 1.5 mile track day local. I will have plenty of power with the new motor. Im lookin for time's betweem 12.5 to 13.1 with repeatable result's.It need's to be drivable on the street. It does have a fresh trannt in it with heavy duty bands and clutches and a extra cooler.
It's getting soon fresh royal purple fluid and a shift kit.

Back