ive got a frustrating problem

chris90sc

i have a problem with my 90 sc.when i rev it up to 2grand and let out of it it cuts out and the exhaust pops.when i unplug the maf it acts like it should whith nothing wrong with it. can anyone please tell me something that can fix this. i bought a new maf today and does the same thing.

your maf is not the problem. without checking codes i could only speculate that your o2's are bad and/or you need a tune(ie reprogram the eec). again without codes i would not start tossing money at it. retrieve your codes and go from there. a tune up might not hurt either if its been awhile.

i checked for codes today and its pulling 21 72 25 74 with it running but when the code reader shows its a 6cyl it dies right after it. ive already put new spark plugs and wires in it a few weeks ago but it didnt change nothing.

is there suppose to be an eec relay in the fuse box under the hood. theres not one there on mine but the cover shows that that is what goes there its the big square one next to the horn relay.

i checked for codes today and its pulling 21 72 25 74 with it running but when the code reader shows its a 6cyl it dies right after it. ive already put new spark plugs and wires in it a few weeks ago but it didnt change nothing.

21= ect sensor input out of test range
25= ks sensor not detected during test
72= insufficient bp change during test
74= brake on/off circuit open, not on during test

make sure to check all of your pig tails and what not. it alost sounds like to have something not hooked up.

Back