Going to Order Plugs........

bkosonen

I'm going to change my plugs, what autolights should I get, I read read about 100 pages of threads on this lol. Right now the car is just stock, but I plan on true dual exhaust, 94 Supercharger pulley.

I'm no expert, but I'm going to be trying the Autolite XP103 iridium plugs. From what I've read, they sound pretty good. I think some guys on here have been using them with some success.

The Xtreme performance cross for the APP764 is the XP104 so if you want to spend more on your spark plugs than you need to, I'd go with the XP104 before the XP5224.

The main difference is how far the head of the plug extends into the combustion chamber. The XP5224 extends into the combustion chamber quite a bit.

So Mike could I go with the plugs you told me about and be good when I upgrade the Supercharger and put a 10% pulley on?

Autolite 103 copper is all you need.

Gap them stock unless you are pushing a lot of boost.

Don't waste your money on the plat's, they are nice if you don't want to change your plugs all the time but the performance is the same. Can't beat the cheap price of the plain jane coppers

I DON'T want to change the plugs all the time thats the thing lol. Arnt the 103's one degree colder than stock? I'm bone stock right now. But I do have plans down the road.

I DON'T want to change the plugs all the time thats the thing lol. Arnt the 103's one degree colder than stock? I'm bone stock right now. But I do have plans down the road.

Not sure of the heat range of each plug. I'm running the 103's in my bird and it runs fine but it's nothing close to stock.

Go with the double platinum plugs if you want to get daily driver life out of the plugs. Go with plain copper if you change the plugs every year as part of your maintenance (or if you should change them once or twice a year).

I wouldn't worry about the XP plugs unless you are over 18psi of boost.

Heat range is in the last number of autolite. xx3 is one range (not degree) cooler than a xx4 plug. Stock plug has always been a 4 heat range.

If you plan to run overdrive, gap your new plugs no tighter than .035, but at least as tight as .040.

Ok sounds good. How long dose it take to change these?

On my 95 I've got it down to about 30-40 minutes top, maybe less on a good day. I work from the top, some like crawling underneath.

If it's your first stab plan on spending some time.

Back