Oil Fill Tube

STEVE29

I'd like to replace the rubber looking tube that surround the metal oil fill extension and is held by two hose clamps. Just from looking at it, it looks like a small section of coolant/radiator hose. Is there a suitable replacement, or better yet, is there an alternative design to this thing? This is on the early style valve covers, if it matters.

The whole extension tube is not the best looking thing on the car, and the design of it seems like it would be prone to leaking. Has anyone come up with a better solution or replacement?

Attachments

• Oil Fill Tube 1.jpg
    Oil Fill Tube 1.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 78
  • Oil Fill Tube 2.jpg
    Oil Fill Tube 2.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 71
It's metal lined so could be challenging to come up with something...good luck and keep us posted whatever you do

I took mine to Autozone, bought a universal radiator hose with the end the same diameter and cut it off, worked good and looks just like original.

The metal part comes right out of the rubber hose. It's just rubber hose. I think radiator hose would be fine. You might have some problems with oil vapors deteriorating it over time, but it's the same stuff that the PCV system sees, so I don't think it's really that exotic. You could use fuel filler hose if you wanted to be extra-safe.

Well if anyone is interested, I actually found the Ford part # F2SZ6763A - PIPE ASY OIL. Green Auto Sales actually had one in stock but they wanted $25. Bit much for a short rubber tube. I'll probably end up going with either the radiator hose or fuel fill hose. Thanks for your help.

Back