Anyone use the Bauman Shift Improver kit for AOD? Comments?

phils89sc

I have searched the posts and found about every answer I could need, however, I am going to ask my question anyway.

My 89 SC has mild mods with no major stuff planned in the future. My overall goal is to make my shifts instant. I don't race it, only an occasional moment where I like to surprise a ricer or 5.0 or something.

I don't mind the current shift pattern, I simply hate the factory shift, it is so sloppy and slow. I want almost instant hard shifts with little or no slip between gears. This is more of a temporary thing to save any wear and tear on my transmission, which was just rebuilt. Later on, when I can afford it, I will go with a Lentech valve body.

My question is, I have heard some good reviews of the Bauman kit and the Transgo kit. Which one should I get? I am also going to use an external cooler and ditch the factory setup.

Thanks for your opinions
-Phil

If I where you, I'd get a Silverfox VB, probably a SPT-R stage 2 would be perfect, and you'd be good to go without having to pay through the nose for a Lentech, but you still get all the features and more. That way you don't have to worry about the kit being installed right because if you make a mistake there it'll be bye-bye rebuilt trans.

Alot of folks are running the Silverfox ones and are very happy with them. I'm running a stage 3 and I really like it. Dirtydog here I believe uses the Silverfox vb's in the trans he builds up.

Here's a link

http://www.silverfoxtrans.com/silverfoxtrans.com/VB_AOD.html

Fraser

I'd just wait and get the one you want, unless it's going to be years down the road... I had a Baumann kit in my VII and loved it.

Back