76MM C&L MAF tube for 60Lb injectors

Ken Seegers

SCCoA Member
I can not find any information on what tube to use for 76MM C&L with 60LB injectors. I currently have 42's in the car and plan on installing 60's in the next couple of weeks.
Thanks
Ken

Tuning will be required to run 60lb injectors. There is no sample tube required unless you have a big enough blower to outrun the one you have (not likely).

Tuning will be required to run 60lb injectors. There is no sample tube required unless you have a big enough blower to outrun the one you have (not likely).

so, will the car run with 60's in it? I have an LM1 to monitor my A/F ratio.

Thanks
Ken

i have 60lbs injectors in mine atm that i bought from Dave tuned to 42lbs. so yes 60lbs injectors will work(with a TUNE) and i am always suggesting to those upgrading from stock to 38-42 range to do them selves a favor and get the 60's. either way a tune is needed and this way you dont have to buy more injectors if you go bigger in the future.

I have to visit Dave Ward one of these days, but that's it. If you have a wide band, you really don't need hands on tuning, just a chip. If you have a chip already I can just reprogram it for you so the car will run.

I have to visit Dave Ward one of these days, but that's it. If you have a wide band, you really don't need hands on tuning, just a chip. If you have a chip already I can just reprogram it for you so the car will run.

Dave,
I don't have a chip....I'm going to need one. How difficult is it to run quarter horse?
thanks
Ken

Dave,
I don't have a chip....I'm going to need one. How difficult is it to run quarter horse?
thanks
Ken

apparently no too difficult...I decided to just get my chip tuned by Dave, but everyone talks highly of the horse...I'm sure others can chime in

How difficult is it to run quarter horse?
thanks
Ken

Not too bad actually! It's more fun than difficult!

Make sure that you're getting one with the latest firmware installed (or plan to send it in to Moates to get it updated for free). There's a few good write-ups and advice if you can find it, and increasingly more SC'ers that are using the QH. You'll need a laptop and a couple of programs too: Binary Editor and Livelink (or the like)

How difficult is it to run quarter horse?

I believe it was Ira that told me that its too easy, meaning that its so easy that you really get yourself into a mess if you just start changing things without really know what you are doing.

In my limited experience, just listen to what Dalke and Fraser say and you shouldn't have any problems.

ill 2nd that. till this day i still send to Fraser what i want to change to make sure its ok before i do it, on most things anyways. some things can be adjusted that dont effect the engine operation.

QH is the way to go since you don't already have a chip. Even if you aren't up to speed on tuning it will make having someone else tune for you 1000% easier.

I am certainly glad I got the QH. The hardware has worked flawlessly so far. And Binary Editor is a good program. It looks to me like it has more than enough flexibility for the vast majority of people. I am not changing anything unless directed by the pros, but it is pretty user-friendly. (Purchasing it and getting it registered is a little more complicated than buying most software, but the developer will work with you to make sure it all gets set up.)

One of my favorite features of the QH-BE combination is the dashboard view. It lets you visually check engine parameters on the fly. It's very nice to quickly check if the computer is getting good information from your sensors.

The datalogging is one of the most important features of the QH and BE. I am happy to report that it could hardly be easier. You switch to the datalogging view ... You check the list of parameters to log ... You switch to the dashboard view ... and you press the button. Then drive. When you press the button again, it stops logging and writes the data to a .csv file.

It's a good system!

Back