question about ac delete

kneedragger25

So im going to get the tensioner from a 3.8 na and would like to know which belt and pulley i need. i work at pepboys so part numbers or other cars would work

thats great but I dont have a NAPA anywhere near me and those PN dont work for autozone or PB. athst Why I need cars what car is the pulley I need from, and what car uses the belt I need?

has it been dyno tested to prove that deleting the a/c saves any power or is it just something most do for looks, no interest in repairing the a/c, or for more room for something else?

has it been dyno tested to prove that deleting the a/c saves any power or is it just something most do for looks, no interest in repairing the a/c, or for more room for something else?

No interest in repairing the AC and the extremely easy access to the passenger side plugs, not to mention without it looks much cleaner.

thats great but I dont have a NAPA anywhere near me and those PN dont work for autozone or PB. athst Why I need cars what car is the pulley I need from, and what car uses the belt I need?

Give these a try;

The pulley is from a 2000 Ford F350 Super Duty Pickup 6.8L

The belt is from a 1990 GMC P35/P3500 VAN L4 3.9 Liter Turbo Diesel

isn't it quite a bit of weight too? I have the 3.8 A/C delete with 8 rib pulley and stock belt which I don't like as mush as the delete this thread is discussing, but it still works and is clean and weighs way less.

IM doing this mod for looks and have no intererst in using the ac. The ac lines were already cut off and the condensor removed. And from those cars the pulley from the 6.8l ford tensions on the smooth side of the belt. Im going to be having the tension on the rib side but Ill figure it out when I get to work I guess.

reason i ask is because i have a 4 year old and a pampered ol lady from a wealthy family(haha she's broke now being with me lol) anyways for those 2 reasons a/c is needed. however if there was a performance factor involved i would pull it today. weight is not much of an issue for me. i have over 200lbs of audio equipment so if i need to slim down i have to look at all that coming out first. plus i think on average every 100lbs is something like only 1/10 of a sec in the 1/4mile. ok im sorry im drifting off the topic, going to start a new thread for massive weight reduction. back to the a/c pulley for this thread. :)

There's this cool thing called online ordering that works pretty good. Type into the NAPA site buy the belt that we all have been using for years. Tensioner and 8-rib pulley can be found on other parts sites.

NA V6 Mustang/Tbird tensioner
NAPA 25-08560 8 rib belt
Dayco 89053 8 rib pulley

You can go to the junkyard and get the tensioner from a n/a V-6 t-bird 89-97 or V-6 mustang 94 to 04 I think.

Last edited:
Back