Ultimate Blower Outlet Design

SCrazy

SCCoA Member
Living in an ideal world with with ulimited fabrication abilities and underhood clearance what would the "ULTIMATE" blower outlet look like.

A modified "elbow" with a smooth radius that sweeps into the IC tube.

A boxy plenum with the IC tube attached to a flat surface.

A hybrid between the two.

Something better!!!!!

Attachments

• fuelmanifolds001.jpg
    fuelmanifolds001.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_0415rev0-250x187.jpg
    IMG_0415rev0-250x187.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG_0505.jpg
    IMG_0505.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 119
Living in an ideal world with with ulimited fabrication abilities and underhood clearance what would the "ULTIMATE" blower outlet look like.

A modified "elbow" with a smooth radius that sweeps into the IC tube.

A boxy plenum with the IC tube attached to a flat surface.

A hybrid between the two.

Something better!!!!!

Modified elbow with smooth transitions between the flange to the elbow would be ideal. How much better than a box with smooth transition as well, likely very little but some. Just an opinion, no calcs to back it up;)

Ken

I was thinking the same thing...similar to the middle picture. Less turbulance, directed airflow....nice. But of course the most difficult to make and takes up the most under hood room. Maybe a cast elbow could be cut up and expanded so one end is welded to the blower flange and the other is still round for connection to the IC tube. Kind of looks like what was done in the middle picture.

I assume that size matters here. Low velocity, low pressure drop etc.

I was thinking the same thing...similar to the middle picture. Less turbulance, directed airflow....nice. But of course the most difficult to make and takes up the most under hood room. Maybe a cast elbow could be cut up and expanded so one end is welded to the blower flange and the other is still round for connection to the IC tube. Kind of looks like what was done in the middle picture.

I assume that size matters here. Low velocity, low pressure drop etc.

Ideally, you'd want to setup the flow so the velocity can get to about Mach 0.32 or so.... this will have the least amount of turbulence.

Fraser

Ideally, you'd want to setup the flow so the velocity can get to about Mach 0.32 or so.... this will have the least amount of turbulence.

Fraser

Doing some number crunching and I was coming out with Mach 0.40.....back to the drawing board.

I made my own blower outlet. I utilized the stock flange, a 3" forward facing outlet with directional baffles to help guide the air. also, the outlet of my top 'funnels' air into the 3" outlet, instead of having a 3" pipe welded onto a 'box' if that makes any sense. total cost was 32 dollars. (the cost of 16 taco's from a taco stand)

I made my own blower outlet. I utilized the stock flange, a 3" forward facing outlet with directional baffles to help guide the air. also, the outlet of my top 'funnels' air into the 3" outlet, instead of having a 3" pipe welded onto a 'box' if that makes any sense. total cost was 32 dollars. (the cost of 16 taco's from a taco stand)

Do you have any pictures?

Back