PowerTorque

1bad67cat

Has anyone gotten a long block from O'Reilly? They are supposed to be from a company called PowerTorque, but I can't seem to find out anything about them.

why not go to pepboys they got engines too and their warrenty is better. and if you get the pepguard warrenty even better. PEPBOYS PLUG they should pay me for advertising them.

I bought a ford 2.8 from pepboys and will never buy anything like that from them again. I would sooner get someone who knows these motors specifically (cough Dave Dalke cough) to build you an engine than buy remanufactured crap from big businesses that don't care. The warranty may cover engine replacement, but it isn't going to cover the labor to a fair amount or any of the misc parts,fluids,etc... to replace them. Jasper will cover a portion of it if you want a true cheap reman only what had to be replaced motor. I have a good shortblock I could sell you and I could get the heads redone first.
Alan

Get a locally rebuilt motor or use DD if you can!
The value for $ ratio is much higher for a proven vendor.
DD = Dave Dalke LOL!

No pep boys here. I did find a long block from auto zone. 3 yr warranty. i want one done right, and i know dave does, but i'm on a tight budget.

Just saying, I got a cylinder head from a huge shop in texas and
after the first one failed from a valve seizing, I had to cover the
labor TWICE and all they did was replace the bad head. Not an SC tho...

No pep boys here. I did find a long block from auto zone. 3 yr warranty. i want one done right, and i know dave does, but i'm on a tight budget.

If you compare apples to apples I think you would be surprised at the difference. The hard part is not wanting to do performance and reliability upgrades. The big companies do whatever it takes to make it last 36,000 miles. Dave will want to build it better than that. Monday I will figure out what it would cost to go through this low mileage shortblock enough to make it trustworthy for you, but I have to make a call to find out what a "re-ring kit" would cost. I'm sure many people would use it as is, but I am not like that. Way to much work to install a motor to have the bearings crumble shortly because the motor had a bad head gasket before. I have paid $3000 for a Jasper motor only to find it was the cheapest crap ever. I don't suggest that to anyone. They didn't even replace the TTY head bolts.
Alan

Last edited:
Back