Safety and the salt belt

Dirtyd0g

Vehicle 97 mercury cougar, as far as I know this car has always been in the cincinnati area. My buddy Chris just purchased it and it needed rear brakes. The brake lines scared us so we are doing a set of budget brake lines in it. The rear bleeder were already broken off however I did manage to get them out and install new bleeders.
I'll let the pictures do the talking, the line we are using on this came from advance auto parts and is called "poly armour". The protector used on it is a stainless steel spring I purchased from Mcmaster.com. I have since started using the brake quip stuff however I wanted to use this up and this was the perfect budget job to do it on. Next vehicle I will be doing is my 95 and I will do it with alloy line from brake quip, for a extended service life. I expect this line to last about 20 years, the alloy will virtually last forever.
The tool I am flaring with is a mastercool unit.
More.....

Attachments

• dr1.jpg
    dr1.jpg
    361.7 KB · Views: 86
  • dr2.jpg
    dr2.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 91
  • dr3.jpg
    dr3.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 82
  • dr4.jpg
    dr4.jpg
    321.2 KB · Views: 76
  • dr5.jpg
    dr5.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 75
More pictures

Attachments

• dr6.jpg
    dr6.jpg
    336.3 KB · Views: 69
  • dr7.jpg
    dr7.jpg
    341.2 KB · Views: 64
  • dr8.jpg
    dr8.jpg
    324.6 KB · Views: 66
  • dr9.jpg
    dr9.jpg
    384.9 KB · Views: 60
We sell this "Polly armor" bend it your self stuff and I think it works great. I used the 3/8 for my fuel line on my diesel rig. If you have a bender to go with it you can get the bends virtually identical to the old lines.

This was my buddies car. I bent the driver side line and he bent the passenger side. My side turned out identical and he needs more practice. It is safe and once the fuel tank is up you cannot tell where he left it a little long, A little long is much better than a little short. 3/16 and 1/4 bend different from all the larger sizes because the pliers work great on it. The spring type protector also makes the small bends by hand a breeze. You still need conventional benders for those 90° bends that go to another 90°
Alan

Back